twelve

night   to  "relax"

your p.o.v

The following couple of nights passed by as uneventful as they possibly could. Compared to what's been going on, having normal nights to simply lounge around and talk with the Sakamaki's is very uncharacteristally mundane to say the least.

"You know how to make takoyaki's?" Ayato asked, nudging my shoulder some with his own as we sit beside one another on a bench, the rose bushes within the back courtyard swaying some as a small gust of wind blows by.

I glanced to the red headed vampire for a moment and then shook my head. "No," I said while I looked back down to the book resting on my lap that I may or may not have stolen from Reiji's lab the other night, "I don't think I was ever taught how to make that."

Ayato sighed. "Didn't you say Chichinashi is still hanging around?" He then asked. "Ask her for help."

"What if I don't want to make any?"

"Then you're mean and I'll have to punish you."

Closing the fantasy styled book, I sighed. "Ayato, why don't we just go out and by some? I don't think you'd want me cooking."

"You weren't all that bad of a cook when we lived at my father's church," Yui spoke up with a small laugh. "Though you did nearly set the kitchen on fire a couple times so maybe you shouldn't cook."

I rolled my eyes at that. "Yeah no, Yui agrees that I shouldn't cook."

Ayato sighed. "Damn, what type of a wife are you going to be if you can't even cook?"

"Sexist much?" I asked before blinking a couple times. "Wait, wife? Who said I was going to be your wife?"

The red head smirked wickedly as he placed an arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to his side. "What, do you not want to be married to me?"

"Is this some kind of proposal..?" I asked unsure of what's actually going on here.

"Idiot, of course not." He said, looking out to the rose garden now, the crescent moon high up above us. "I won't claim you until Kino's dead."

"How reassuring."

"Shut up."

Glancing up to the red head, I couldn't help but laugh some. "God, you haven't changed one bit from back then."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ayato asked, the corners of his lips twitching up just ever so slightly.

I hummed as I leaned into his side. "Well, when we were kids, you were always so hot-headed and quick to do whatever you wanted. Kind of a jerk sometimes too, but you were nice when you wanted to be. It's funny seeing how your direct approach to things still hasn't changed even after all these years."

Ayato stayed quiet for a moment, staring down at me now with those light green eyes of his. "You haven't changed either." He murmured. "It's weird."

"Rude." I scoffed. "How is it weird that I haven't changed?"

"You lost your memories- well, someone fucked with them with magic and now you're this human girl. Shouldn't you be angry with us? We're not taking you to those two First Bloods and there's nothing you can do to make us take you. You just let us bite you as much as we want without putting up much of a fight and you're even making yourself comfortable here. You're going to die if something doesn't change, or are you too stupid to not realize this?"