five

beginning
research

your p.o.v

          "___, I need you to accompany me." Reiji said once we all stepped out of the limousine, just getting back to the mansion after a long night at school.

          I looked to him curiously. "Is there something you need?" I asked, already walking through the front doors with him, our steps lining up surprisingly well as he slows his pace for me to keep up. His siblings watch as we disappear from their sights, the five of them looking on with unpleasant expressions that I just barely managed to notice before the front doors closed behind us once more.

          Reiji kept his gaze fixated on where he's walking. "There are some things I want to ask you." He said, no intention whatsoever of elaborating on just what he's talking about. "Though I would much prefer we do this in the comforts of my room."

          My eyes widened some at that. "Your room?" I repeated.

          The crimson eyed vampire glanced down to me and sighed. "What? Is there something wrong with my room?"

          "N-No," I stuttered out lamely, "nothing wrong."

          "I see, then it should be fine to speak in there." He responded simply, taking a turn down another hallway.

          "You'll be fine. It's just Reiji." Yui said with a small laugh.

          Exactly, it's Reiji.

          I struggled to now keep up with his normal fast pace, his long legs taking him further than my own. He seemed to notice my struggle, once again slowing his pace to accommodate myself. With a small smile, I couldn't help but look up at him. Reiji can be nice when he wants to be.

          "They all can." Yui spoke up.

          I know.

          The door to Reiji's room opened with a soft click, revealing a rather large space.

          There were glass cases full of tableware and fully stocked bookshelves lining the far left wall, a bed placed near the door. There is a fireplace in the wall opposite of the door, a small round table with two chairs placed just in front of that with a couch resting more to the right of the other furniture, a deep navy blue rug placed on the center of the floor. Strips of moonlight pour in through the window to the left of the fireplace, it's navy blue curtains that match the rug pulled back. If I look out closely, I can just barely see a couple bats flying past the mansion, their blood red eyes sparkling like ruby's against the night sky.

          "Please, come in." Reiji murmured, holding the door open for me to walk in first to which I hesitantly did so.

          I glanced around some as Reiji closed the door behind us. He stayed rather quiet as he wandered over to the bookcase, grabbed a singular book with practiced ease almost as if he's memorized where each and every book is placed, and then moved to sit on the couch with one long slim leg crossed over the other. Those crimson red eyes of his focused on me for a mere moment before he opened the book and began flipping through the pages.