fifteen

long   time
no   see

your p.o.v

          At first, there was nothing but darkness. I felt weightless, like I was suspended in a dark void, nothing there whatsoever to accompany me. Then there was a dull ache starting first in my head, later shifting to my chest and hips, then to my legs, and soon enough my entire body had varying degrees of aches and pains scattered all over.

          The pain only continued to grow worse as I was surrounded by darkness to the point I was on the verge of screaming. Everything hurt. I was nowhere and yet everywhere and all I could register was pure pain. It was excruciating. Something I don't think I'd ever truly be able to describe with words for as long as I live.

          And then the pain suddenly vanished. The aches were minimal, barely there at all as the darkness began to ever so slowly brighten. It was as if Heaven's holy gates had opened and decided that I was worthy of salvation. The pain was gone and I felt as light as a feather. Nothing could touch me.

          All too soon, my eyes slowly fluttered open and everything felt very different. I didn't move an inch as I tried to understand just what's going on.

          The grand architecture of the roof within this room is familiar, scarily so. I remember this specific intricate golden design so vividly it's as if I saw it just yesterday. Oh god, the Sakamaki's...

          "___! You're alive- oh my gosh, it worked!" Yui said happily, her physical form nowhere in sight as I slowly begin to push myself to sit up.

          My body still aches, but, it's tolerable. "Yui, where are the boys? Are the Sakamaki's and Mukami's alright?" I asked, hesitantly glancing around some while I lift a hand to brush through my hair. Is it longer than before..?

          This room is large, me lying down in a grand bed with satin crimson silk sheets layered over my nearly naked form. I'm only in my bra and underwear and there's no telling how long I've been unconscious here.

          The window to my left very nearly takes up the entire wall, sunlight streaming in and casting an orange hue over the room as the sun begins to set. The large rose garden outside puts all my nerves at ease, so many memories being made there with so many different vampires. I'm home. This was my old room back before everyone began to die. Finally, I'm back in the Demon World and have been returned to the First Blood Castle where I belong.

          Yui laughed a bit as she materialized and sat beside me on the large bed, sitting on her knees as her angel wings gently fold and rest against her back. "You just woke up from dying and your very first concern is whether the Sakamaki's and Mukami's are safe? You really are a great person ___."

          I shook my head some, instantly regretting it as a wave of dizziness hit. "I'm no saint, Yui. But tell me, are they alright?"

          She nodded. "Subaru managed to carry you here once he had woken up and Reiji had explained the situation. Everyone made it here in one peace- Shu even went and talked with Ruki about having everyone come here together once you were in Shin's care."

          A sigh escaped past my lips as my shoulders relaxed. "I'm glad but wait, did you say Shin?"

          Again, Yui slowly nodded. "He's the one who has been looking over you once Carla saved you."

          "Carla and Shin." I said their names at nothing above a whisper as I looked around some almost as if I was expecting them to be standing near the window like they used to when we were younger. They'd often sneak into my room late at night to play and talk considering they were both always so busy and I wasn't technically allowed to so much as look at them let alone befriend them. "I- I must go and see them." I murmured, already pushing the satin sheet off of myself before crawling over to the edge of the bed.