5 - The Graveyard

"I still don't understand. How can Shadowhunters be better than... than what you people call Mundanes?" Clary asked. Nina rolled her eyes. After Simon was taken, they drove back to the Institute and Clary hasn't stopped talking, complaining, and asking annoying questions.

"Because we protect humans," Izzy replied, her voice sounding like she was aggravated.

"You're right," she sighed and turned around to face the four Shadowhunters. "Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van. Great job, guys. You rock."

"We already know that, sweetie. You don't have to tell us twice," Nina told her sarcastically.

"There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have some modicum of common sense," Alec said annoyed. Clary scoffed.

"Alec, not now," Izzy scolded.

"Look," Jace said to the redhead. "They won't do anything to Simon."

"My brother's right, they just wanted to draw you out. They want the Cup, and they think you have it," Nina told Clary, who looked at her desperately.

"But why do they think that? Why does anyone think that? What, my mom lies to me my entire life except, 'Oh! By the way, there's this magic cup I hid on, like, the Planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone," she said, then took a deep breath. "What am I supposed to do now?"

"We have to report to the Clave," Alec said and began walking to the center of the Institute.

"Great," Jace said sarcastically.

"They have to know what we've learned about Valentine," Alec said again.

"What, that he's my father? Great. Fine. Tell them. What good does that do Simon?" she asked desperately.

"Clary, it's all connected. Raphael and his vamps want the Cup," Nina told her.

"How the hell does he know you?" Alec burst out and all eyes turned on her. She crossed her arms and challenged him with her glare.

"He's part of my fan club."

"Of course, the Wayland fan club," Jace said with sarcasm. "Drop the sass. Now you better tell me right now how he knows you," Jace demanded. Nina glared at him.

"Look who's talking! You're cockier than I am," Nina exclaimed.

"Debatable," Alec said with a small grin he tried hiding. "You're avoiding the question. How do you and the vampire know each other?"

Nina looked at her Parabatai for help, but it was too late. Izzy was smirking, and motioned for Nina to start talking.

"Okay fine. You see, Raphael and I were in a relationship some time ago. I can't help the fact that I thought he was hot back then."

"It was about time you tell them," Izzy said when Nina had finished. "Seriously, that secret was overwhelming."

"A vampire? Seriously? So this is the vamp you dated a while ago and didn't want to tell Alec and I about?" Jace asked, crossing his arms. "Are vampires good in bed?"

Nina smirked, so did Izzy, but Alec stayed silent.

"I guess you'll have to find out," she teased.

"Guys, focus! Why do they want the Cup? It makes new Shadowhunters," Clary yelled, bringing them back to the situation at hand.

"Nobody wants Valentine forming an army loyal to himself," Alec told her.

"Plus, it controls demons," Izzy added.