12 - Werewolves

Nina was running from the werewolf who was chasing her. Not that she couldn't take him - she could do it with her eyes closed. But she knew that this wolf was part of a pack, and that pack was holding Clary and Simon hostage. If she killed this guy, they might want revenge and hurt Clary and Simon. The safest way for Nina to go was to lose him.

Nina had broken the handcuffs off of her wrists, and was now running at full speed back to the loft. She had traced the Stealth Rune on her thigh, letting her escape quickly and quietly. She pumped her arms, and pushed her legs forward. She felt the pumps of adrenaline rushing in her body. The footsteps of the wolf could be heard behind her, making her run faster.

She needed to get back to the loft for a couple of reasons. First off, she needed to find Alec, and secondly, she needed her phone. Phase one and two of her plan had been completed. Now it was time for phase three, but she needed her phone, which she had dropped at the apartment. She just needed to lose this wolf. She made as many turns around corners as she could, running through dirty alleys. She looked back every once in a while, to see if she was still being followed. She turned her head and he wasn't there anymore, but that didn't mean he was gone.

Luckily for Nina, she had ran all the way into the alley where Clary's loft was, and she climbed up the fire escape. She took out two Seraph blades as she entered through the door, preparing herself for whatever she would find inside.

                                                                                         ***

Alec threw the box against the wall in frustration. He had lost them. He had lost Nina. He was so angry with himself. He didn't care about Simon or Clary. How could they had gotten past him? By the Angel, what if they hurt her? He thought to himself. No, she could take care of herself, but that didn't stop him from worrying.

"Where is she? Where's Clary?" Jace asked as he entered the room, worry painted all over his face. Izzy followed behind him.

"She's gone," Alec replied, trying to hide his guilt and disappointment with himself.

"What do you mean, gone?" Izzy asked, walking up to him.

"She and Simon got arrested while Nina and I were securing the area," Alec replied. "We split up. She was searching the loft while I took the outside. I...I got distracted."

"Nina? Where is she now?" Izzy asked, her face suddenly filling with concern and worry, a bit of fear for her Parabatai.

"They took her. It was an unmarked car. I don't know where they took them," Alec, said, and Jace and Izzy felt their hearts drop.

"By the Angel, my sister...no, no she can take care of herself," Jace said, though he couldn't hide the fear for her sister's life.

"We have to find her," Izzy said, a determined look on her face. "She won't give in without a fight. If we could only-"

"Damn it Alec!" Jace shouted, his anger taken over as he raised his voice. "Don't you-"

Suddenly, they heard a small creak - like someone walking over a floorboard. The three kept quiet as Izzy lashed out her whip, Jace took out a Seraph blade, and Alec loaded his bow. They pointed their weapons at the door, silently waiting for the intruder.

Nina appeared at the doorway, expecting to see some werewolves, but instead she saw that she had her blades pointed at Jace and Izzy, with Alec in the back. She let out a sigh of relief as she quickly put her blades back in the holsters on her back.

Izzy tackled her into a hug as she put her whip down. "Thank the Angel, Alec said that they took you away with Simon and Clary."

"What happened? Are you hurt?" Jace said as he hugged his sister.