New School (2)

Julie's POV
****marimba tune plays on phone*****
God, I opened one eye, I hated that noise: my alarm. I reached over and stopped the noise that was blaring over my phone. "Good," I mumbled to myself. The phone was off, so I was off. I started to close my eyes and drift back to sleep, wait, my alarm was going off. "Oh!" I shoot up in realization. Today is the day, it's the first day of school, Ian and I's first time at Creek Ridge High.  I got out of bed and headed towards my closet. I looked through my clothes, I knew I needed to make an impact. "This town needs some spice," I smiled out my own thoughts. There was a dress hanging in the corner, it was red and had some flower print on, with a low neckline. It would surely show more than a little clevage, but I was fine with that, even glad. I slid the dress on and did some subtle makeup. I was ready to go, so I walked down the hall to get Ian. I knocked on his door and he was still sleeping. I grabbed a shoe that was by his door and threw it at his sleeping frame. Ian grumbled, "go away it's too early."
"Sunshine you better be ready in five minutes or we'll be late on our first day."  I said to my brother as I walked back out of his room.
5 minutes later and we were out the door, on our way to school.
"Creek Ridge High School, home of the fighting roosters" a sign read as we pulled into the school.
"You ready?" I asked Ian. In return, he gave a wicked grin, "you know I am," and with that we both jumped out of the car. We walked up to the front door of the school, and the second I opened it, the entire crowd around the door started to look at us. Hell, everyone in that school started to look us. Ian and I kept or heads high though, we didn't mind, we thrived off it. Ian and I made our way through the crowd towards the front office to get our schedules, and as we walked I realized that over half of the school was wolves. I could smell them everywhere and it was easy to scent that they were part of the the Orange Sun pack. I'm pretty sure that's the pack Josh, Nate, Ethan and Jasin were all a part of, but it was unconfirmed.
"These dogs are feisty," Ian whispered and broke me out of my thoughts.
"What do you mean?" I returned.
"Listen." I followed his orders and used my wolf hearing to pick up on the conversations around us.
"Who are they and why the hell are they in our territory?" I heard one guy say.
"I don't know, but that girl is hotter then any wolf or human here." His friend responded.
"Yeah, she has no idea what she's getting herself into." They continued, but I turned my focus to another conversation.
"Are those the people Alpha was talking about?" One girl said, her friend responded, "Yeah, they have to be, Alpha said they live about a mile from the pack house."
"What are they doing here? No humans live in Creek Ridge unless they were born here."
"Yeah, true, but Alpha said that he visited their house and that they are no threat. At least we know they're not hunters." I immediately turned to look at Ian, "their alpha was at our house," I mouthed to him in a bit of shock. I mean, I realized that our house guests were wolves of power, but I didn't know one was the alpha. "It was probably Josh," Ian whispered back. Ian was right, Josh was bigger and, noticeably, stronger than his friends.
"Hey there Julie," a hand hit my shoulder. I turned and, speak of the devil, Josh was standing right behind me. I looked at Josh and I could feel it, he was for sure an alpha. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to my senses last night, but now I was, and he was a man of power.
"Hey Josh, want to help us find to office?" I asked him. I needed to gain the trust of this man, he would be a good ally to have if a future problem occurred.
"Yeah follow me." So Ian and I did, we followed him to the office; he helped us get our schedules and we found out that most of my classes are with Josh, and only one with Ian.
"Well, I guess this means we have to spilt sister," Ian said while comparing our schedules. The only class we had together was our last period: physics. "Yeah see you later," I told him as he walked away. I turned back to Josh, "well, I guess that means it's you and me." Josh and I had our first four classes together, so I decided to stick with him, and Josh offered to walk me around all day, so I guess things were going well.
"Hey, I never got to ask, what made you guys move here?" Josh asked me as we walked to history class.
"Our parents decided they wanted a change of scenery, so I guess they just choose a place on a map and headed to it. I don't really know, our parents like to move a lot and they choose Creek Ridge this time." That wasn't a lie, our parents did like to move a lot, but they choose Creek Ridge for more than it being a place on a map. This town was surrounded by a pack, and the pack lived on lands that our mother, a witch, used to occupy. These lands were sacred and our mother needed us to be here, why? I don't know, we just listened and followed her to town.
"Well I'm glad you moved here. It's been awhile since anyone new came, especially not someone as gorgeous as you." I rolled my eyes at the comment, but broke a smile. Josh wasn't bad looking, not at all, so I continued, even though I was aware of the wolves secretly listening in to our conversation.
"You're not too bad yourself Casanova," he held the door for me as we made it to our first period.
"Hey Julie," he said as we took seats right by each other, "want to come to a party with me this Friday? My friend Nate, you meet him yesterday, is hosting and I'd like you to come." I didn't even have second thoughts, I loved a good party and going with Josh would be anything but bad, he was hot and nice. What more could a girl need?
"I'd love to, pick me up Friday then?" I replied back.
"Friday it is," he told me, and with that, my week began.