Old Secrets, New Reveal (10)

Julie's POV
School was slow. It was currently third period and English class was never ending. We were talking about The Grapes of Wrath, specifically the last page where Rose of Sharon let's some dude suck her tit. The book weirded me out, so I zoned out the lecture our teacher was giving us. I felt something lightly hit the side of my face. I looked down and saw a crumpled up note and out of the corner of my eye, Nate was waving. The note was obviously from him, so I picked it up and read its writing.
"We should leave," it said. I turned to face Nate and quickly nodded. I'd rather be anywhere but here. I stood to walk out the door, but Ms. Ramsey stopped me, asking where I was going. "Doctors," I said as I walked out. I stood by the door and waited for Nate.
"Okay, when I said we should get out I meant after class but this is cool too," Nate laughed as we started towards the doors of the school, preparing to make our exit. Nate was talking and telling me some story about tomatoes and vomit, and I was laughing the whole time, but Nate suddenly stopped his story.
I turned to him, "what's wrong?" I asked as I slightly touched his shoulder. He eyes snapped to mine, worry was evident.
"You need to get home now. Go straight there and lock the doors," Nate frantically told me before he sprinted towards the front office. I was confused and, frankly, scared. I had no clue what Nate was going off about, but then the strong scent of rogues hit my nose. There were at least 50 wolves that I could smell and they were all closing in on the school.
"Oh God," I whispered to myself as I sprinted towards Ian's third period: Spanish. I turned a corner when I ran into something hard, more specifically someone hard. It was Ian.
"Do you smell them?" He quickly asked. I didn't need him to clarify, I knew that the "them" he was talking about was the rogues.
"Yes, I was coming to get you," I answered.
"I was coming to get you too," he confessed.
"Wow it's like we're twins or something," whenever I got stressed I'd get really sarcastic. Right now, I was stressed.
"They're going to come into the school and take all the wolves. Just act human and go back to class. We'll be fine if we just act human." Ian said as he turned to walk back to his Spanish class. "And Julie, stay safe. There's a lot coming and they'll be here soon."
I nodded and made my way back to class, knowing that within 5 minutes the school would be surrounded by chaos, lined with fur and claws.

It was actually seven minutes until the rogues attacked. At first, none of the humans knew what was happening, but I guess Nate had warned most of the wolves, for they immediately sprinted into the halls, instructing us humans to lock the door behind them. I almost rolled my eyes at their plan: lock the humans in classrooms and fight off the rogues themselves. It was heroic, but pathetic. Josh's pack might have been strong, but there were only high schoolers here, not to mention they were vastly outnumbered by the rogues. I sat in my desk, observing the confused students around me.
One girl, I forgot her name, turned to me and asked, "what do you think is happening? Why did they all just run ou-," she was cut short by the sound of glass shattering and loud growls. The noise was coming from outside the door, but all the humans in the room still screamed. I rolled my eyes; I wanted to fight, but my brother and I had to stay hidden. If the rogues knew what we were, they'd come after us and we didn't want that. The only thing we wanted was the stone, so I had to suppress my carnal instincts and put on a false. I looked around the class room and noticed that all of the humans had taken to hiding beneath their desks and started to let silent tears coat their faces. The same girl who asked me what was happening before looked at me and wondered, "why aren't you hiding? Aren't you scared?"
I, then, realized I wasn't playing the human role well, so I slid under my desk and responded, "I guess nothing has sunk in." The human nodded as another tear slid down her face; I was hiding under a desk, but even my (self-proclaimed) award-winning acting skills wouldn't allow me to cry. I tried to listen to the commotion outside, but it was hard with all the noises the humans were making. I, however, was still able to pick up most of what was happening. Mainly, I could hear a lot of fighting. From what I could sense, the Orange Sun pack and the rogues were in full wolf form and I could hear their paws hitting the ground as they ran and the sounds of their growls as they echoed across the entire school. What stood out though was the sound of a voice.
It was yelling frantically, "where's the alpha. He has to be here; someone get him here now!" The voice belonged to Jill, Josh's pack healer and the girl my brother tried to flirt with the night Malea was attacked. Her words left me confused: How could Josh not be here? Alphas seldom ever leave their own packs, especially in a time like this. I grabbed my phone from my bag and sent a quick text to my brother. All it said was "where's josh?" Ian responded in seconds: "he's not here?" Ian was just as confused as I; Josh was away while his pack was being ruthlessly attacked. If Josh didn't return soon, his pack would surely stand no chance against the rogues. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of screams and loud bangs. Someone was trying to break down the door that separated us from the fighting; from the sound of it, that person was succeeding. Within a few seconds the door flew down and in its place stood a group of rogues. The rogues slowly stalked into the room and laughed at the sight of humans on the floor.
"Looks like we've got a whole room full of treats," one of the older, more rugged rogues spoke. All of the humans whimpered at their words and I fought back the urge to roll my eyes.
"Get them outside and line them up with the others," one of the rogues instructed as he left the room, leaving four of his pack mates to "line us up with others," whatever that meant.
The four that were left with us were young and attractive.
One of the men with short brown hair and almond brown eyes spoke first.
"Okay, everyone, stand up. Then get in line in the order we tell you." His tone was short and left no room for discussion. Everyone did as he commanded, including me. The second we stood, the rogues began looking everyone up and down; when their eyes landed on me, a wicked grin spread across all of their faces.
"You," the same rogue spoke, looking straight at me, "to the front." I walked to the front of the room and stood where the rogue had pointed. The rest of the humans in the class were crying and a few told me not to do it, but I kept a blank face and did as I was told.
"Oh, they're going love you back at the palace," one of the rogues said as he played with a lock of my hair. "Hell, I might just have to keep you for myself."
Even, I couldn't hold in the scoff that escaped my lips after his words; his eyes darkened with anger at my reaction and he harshly pulled on my hair. He expected me to yelp, to scream, anything, but I stayed stoic.
"We've got a bad one on our hands," the rogue holding my hair spoke. "Go take her with the rest of the girls and make sure someone punishes her and her attitude," he instructed to the guy standing beside him. This other rogue was slightly taller and had blonde hair.
The blonde grabbed my arm and took me to the gym which, I guess, had become the rogues base at the school. As we walked through the halls, I saw the damage they had caused. Windows were broken, lockers were dented, and blood stained the floor. At that moment it was clear: Josh's wolves weren't able to hold off the rogues. The high school was theirs.
We entered the gym and the first thing I saw was Nate being held by two men as a third kicked him in the stomach.
"Tell me where he is now," the man that was beating Nate hissed as he landed another kick to his stomach.
"No" Nate grunted in response.
The rogues must have wanted Josh, but even they had no idea where he was. I looked around the room and sure enough, he, nor Ethan Slack, were anywhere to be found. This was surprising, because the gym was filled with wolves, the entire pack was stood with guards surrounding them. Many had deep cuts or broken bones, but none were seriously injured. As the blonde guy lead me further into the room, he spoke to the man the was beating Nate.
"Chris, we found this one and we think she'll be great for the alpha." The beater, Chris, looked me up and down and smiled the same way the other rogues had.
"Yes, she's perfect," Chris replied.
"You won't touch her," I turned and saw that the voice was coming from Nate who was trying to break free from the two rogues holding him back.
"Why, pup, is she your mate?" Chris asked with cold eyes.
"No bu-," Nate started, but Chris cut him off by grabbing me from the blonde guy and wrapping his hand around my neck. His grip wasn't hard enough to cut off my air supply, but it still caught me by surprise as I yelped.
"Because if she is, I recommend you start talking about your alpha before I kill her," Chris pulled him closer to him, "or maybe not kill her, but trust me, you won't like what I have in mind." Chris's grip tightened around my neck.
"That's it," I thought to myself. I was done with these weird rape rogues and I was absolutely finished with the hand around my neck. I didn't care what Ian had told me, I didn't care if these rogues or any of Josh's pack found out the truth, so I let my eyes glow gold and heard the group of people that had formed to watch the scene around us gasp.
"Chris, you should let go," one of rogues yelled, trying to warn the man of my glowing eyes, but it was too late. I slammed my elbow into Chris's ribs and broke his hold from my neck. Then, I turned and pulled against the base of his head, cleanly ripping it from his neck. Chris's body fell limp besides mine, but I wasn't done. I let out a vicious growl and began attacking any rogue that charged at me. My claws were out, my fangs were extended and all I could see was red. My anger fueled me as I made clean cuts to the rogues.
"Julie stop!" I turned and saw Ian yelling at me. In the moment I stopped my attacks, one of the rogues had jumped on my back, but I flipped him onto the ground and ran my claw against his throat, ending him.
"Julie stop now," Ian pleaded, "we need to go." The rogues then stopped their attacks on me and began to move towards my brother. "Big mistake" I thought; my brother was an even better fighter than me and he could end them with just one move. Ian growled at the rogues in warning, but they continued to move towards him.
"Julie, get back to the house and grab Camille. I'll take care of them. Have a bag ready for when I come back. We're leaving tonight."
Those were the last words Ian spoke before his skin turned into black fur and his wolf ran at full speed towards the rogues.
One by one their bodies hit the floor.