New Info (5)

Julie's POV
Ian and I started into the forest by our house; we knew that Josh's pack lands were due east from our home, so we headed west. We did this thinking the rogues wouldn't risk being too close to pack lands, but we, also, knew they couldn't be far away due to the proximity of their attack on the party. Ian and I decided to stay in our human forms; we wanted to use ourselves as bait and get a rogue, or maybe two, to attack us and, then, we'd get some answers. Around 20 minutes of walking later, Ian and I began to lose hope, can't someone just attack us already? I mean, I know we look all weird just wondering around the forest at night, but rogues loved that kind of stuff. They never missed an opportunity to showcase their power.
"Maybe we should turn around; this is looking hopeless," Ian spoke as I continued to go deeper into the forest.
"Yeah we sho-," I was cut off by the sound of a twig snapping; Ian and I both heard it. I let my werewolf instincts, partially, take over and realized that sound was coming from around 200 yards away. They were close enough that I could smell them; there were about 5 of the rogues closing in on us. Ian and I were ready to attack, but we knew we had to play dumb so none of the wolves would sense our power, so we shut down our instincts and hid our smell.
"Who's there?" I yelled in mock fear. Then, out of the shadows, appeared the five wolves. They were well-kept for rogues, their fur wasn't patchy and their muscles were well built, but they were still rogues, and would, still, be an easy kill. The second the figures saw us, one of them shifted back into his human form. He looked to be in his early 30s and had a full beard lining his jaw. He stood there, completely naked, and looked my brother and I up and down before he smirked and spoke, "my, my, what do we have here?" he glanced back at his wolf friends then back to us, "don't worry, kids, we'll be quick when we kill you." He shifted back into his wolf and began to walk towards us. He let out a low growl and I stole a glance at Ian. He smiled at me and I knew what he meant. "It's time to have some fun," I thought to myself as Ian and I took off in a full sprints in opposite directions. The wolves started to growl, but took off after us. I was running fast, letting my wolf take over slightly; trees whipped past my right and left, I could hear the rogues behind me, but I knew I was ahead of them. I stopped my running and climbed up the nearest tree. I sat in one of the branches and waited until I saw one of the wolves appear below me; I took a whiff of the air and sensed that his friend was a couple yards away. I took this time, to jump from the tree and landed behind the first rogue without making a sound. The poor dog didn't even know I was within an arms reach of him; he was still sniffing the air, trying to locate my scent. I let my wolf almost fully out now. I was still in my human form, but my claws were long, my fangs were out, and my eyes were glowing bright green. I tapped on the wolf's back. He turned and his eyes locked on me, but before he could howl or attack, I jumped on his back and used one of my long claws to slit his throat. The wolf fell limp, his blood slipped onto the forest floor. I left him there and began to sniff, looking for his other friend that had chased after me. I knew I had to get questions out of the next one, I couldn't just kill him; my wolf sighed at this, she wanted to kill, it was in her nature. I heard the other rogue before I saw him. I could hear the leaves he was walking on crunching beneath his paws and I sprinted to the noise. I saw his wolf, similarly to his, now, dead friend, sniffing the air. They were so pathetic, they couldn't even sense me near them. I sprinted up to the wolf and tackled him from behind. His hind legs tried to kick me off, but I already had a grip around his neck. I started to run one of my claws along the fur on the wolf's neck and whispered into the his ear, "I'm going to need you to shift, so we can talk." The wolf just growled and continued to squirm under my grasp. "Okay make this hard," I whispered mainly to myself, but also to him. My wolf couldn't get answers, so I had to use my other resources. I started speaking in Latin under my breath; it was a spell my mother had taught me awhile ago, it made any wolf shift under my command. The wolf slowly began to morph into a human in my arms. I held my claw tightly against his neck as he shifted, and by the time he was fully human, I was still in a position to kill him in a second.
"I need to know why you're here." I commanded as I dug my claw into the side of his throat. He screamed, but said nothing. "Now," I said as I dug harder. This time, the rogue gave in, "Okay! Okay! I'll tell you, just get your hands out of my neck," he screamed in pain.
"Good," I said sweetly as I removed my claws, but still kept a grip upon his neck.
"I don't know why he wanted us here, but the king sent us," he spat out quickly.
"The king?" I questioned him back.
"Yes the king; the rogue king. He said there was something here he needed. He didn't tell us what it is, he just sent a lot of wolves to get it," he said with anger. I growled loudly at his response.
"You're telling me THE Rogue King. The man who has armies that far out number any pack. The man that killed his own parents for the throne. The man that cares about nothing but power sent you to MY land?" I practically hissed into his ear. The man only nodded slowly in response. I tightened my grip on his neck and heard him gulp. I had scared him; I knew my eyes were now burning gold, something they only did when I was on the verge of shifting from pure rage. I was seeing red, and I needed a release.
"Well, friend," I hissed lowly. "Consider this a warning to your king." I heard the wolf whimper and he began to stammer, "wh-h-at what are yo-," but I snapped his neck before he could finish.
Anyone that even attempted to walk on my mother's ancient land was dead; even if it was a rouge king.