Old News (9)

Josh's POV
It was finally Tuesday. Yesterday, Malea woke up and I went to visit her in the hospital. I don't mean to sound rude, but she was completely useless. I tried to ask her about the attack, but, even when she tried her hardest to remember, all she could recall was standing in the living room, an immense pain, and then the feeling of hard wood breaking her fall. I had to leave the room when Macy, her best friend, came in and begged me to let her rest. I scoffed at the entire memory, humans were too emotional sometimes.
"Hey, slow down," I glanced to my right at the sound of the noise. Ethan Slack, my third in command, was sitting in the passenger seat of my car. I looked at the speedometer and realized I was driving well over 100 mph, I only slightly slowed down though. I hated driving to a place away from my pack, even if Feather River, Virginia was only two and a half hours away from Creek Ridge in West Virginia. I wanted to get there as quickly as possible, talk to the witches, then speed back. My pack was in too much danger for my absence. This meeting had to go well and it had to be fast.

We arrived at the witches' house in two hours. I got their address from Brian, the alpha that set up this meeting, but even with directions to the old house, it was still hard to find. It lay deep in a large, humid forest. Vast amounts of greenery surrounded the stone of the walls and some ivy hung around the cloudy windows. It was the only building for miles.
"You go knock, this place is giving me mad creeps," Ethan muttered as he took in the setting. I didn't respond and, instead, walked to the front door and knocked three times. The door opened a few seconds later, revealing a middle aged woman. She had short brown hair and sparkly purple shoes. I expected witches to be more ugly, but this woman was cute for her age.
"Josh, Ethan, come in please," my face became one of confusion as she stated our names without introduction, witches had a tendency to do creepy stuff like that.
"Um, of course, thank you," I replied, slightly lost for words. We entered into the large home. The inside of the house was just as eerie as the exterior. The walls were dark and the furniture was old and worn.
"Brian told me you were coming; he's a dear friend of mine and I owed him a favor," the witch began. "I think I know what you need, but go ahead and tell me." 
"I need you to tell me why their are rogues surrounding my territory," I told her getting straight to the point. She laughed a light chuckle.
"Well there's a lot to the story, and I mean a lot. I only know bits and pieces, but it's still a grand story," as the witch talked, we heard footsteps approching from the other room.
"Rebekah, I need your hel-," the female's voice stopped when she entered the room and saw us.
"What are those mutts doing in our house?" I held back a growl at the witch-bitch's comment.
"They're here to learn more of the Creek Ridge situation." The first witch, whose name was Rebekah, apparently, replied. The second witch laughed at this.
"Now the fate of that town is something even I can't tell," the second witch said after she finished laughing.
"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked the second witch, I turned to look at her and I almost gasped when I saw who it was. The second witch was Kelli Bertowla. I recognized her from the night Malea was attacked. I took her to the party along with Julie; I thought she was a human, but, apparently, I was wrong.
She must have noticed my shock, because she said, "I know, I know. You thought I was human," she paused as she pulled an old book from a bookshelf. She began to flip through a couple pages; I expected her to keep speaking and explain more, but she didn't.
"I'm more confused now than I was before," Ethan mumbled by my side.
"I couldn't agree more," I said as I rubbed my temples, trying to make sense of the situation.
"Here," I looked up and Kelli was holding out the book she was just flipping through. It was already opened and she pointed to the page on the right. "Read that," she said.
I took the book and placed it on my lap, reading from the page that was headed with "Secrets of the Stone." 
After I finished the page, I passed the book to Ethan, then looked at Rebekah and Kelli. "So there's a rock that gives supernatural creatures extreme power?"  I asked not believing the situation.
"Oh son, it's much more than just a rock," Rebekah said. "It's THE stone. Hand crafted in the darkest pits of hell. Only ever used by one wolf; he was so strong that he took over 200 lives before he could be exterminated. After witnessing the power of the wolf, the stone was hidden, so that no one could ever harness its power again."
I cut her off, "what does have to do with me?" 
"Well," Kelli chimed in. "Some like to believe it was hidden deep in the Appalachians. West Virginia to be exact."
My eyes widened in realization, "they think it's hidden in my pack land," I said, hoping I was wrong.
"Bingo, buster," Rebekah said.
"How do y'all know this?"  Ethan asked the witches.
Kelli responded first, "well, every witch can cast spells, make potions, you know, witchy stuff, but we all, also, specialize in one power. Mine is that I can see glimpses of the future," she paused and took a breath. "One day I caught a vision. I saw five rogues, dead. I recognized the rogue king's tattoo on their necks. After that, I started getting more and more visions. I realized the rogues were on your land and I contacted some old friends, they helped me realize that it was the stone the king wants." 
Ethan and I nodded, "so you know what's going to happen with us? With the pack?"  I asked Kelli, hoping to learn more about the future.
"No, not exactly, my visions are only of events that will happen about five minutes in the future, sometimes less. "So yes, I know some of the future, but it becomes the present pretty quickly." 
"Oh," was my lame response.
"What about you?"  Ethan asked Rebekah. Rebekah laughed.
"Well I can read minds, and, no, I am not doing it to you right now."  Rebekah laughed again.  "In fact, I was once a psychology teacher. All my students were in awe of my ability to read people. They'd always come up to me and say 'Mrs. Mileo, I never met someone with a mind like yours. You just always know everything.' Oh God, little did those kids know."  Ethan laughed full heartily at the story and I let out a little chuckle. These witches were actually being quite nice, despite their bad reputation.
"Do you think you could read the rogue king's mind and tell me how I can get him off my land?"  I asked half sarcastic, half serious.
"No, but I could recommend making allies in those you'd least expect."  Rebekah said with a sly grin. I studied her face and could tell there was something she knew that she wasn't revealing. I didn't want to push it, so I left Rebekah with her creepy grin and secrets. I heard Ethan take in a breath; he was about to start a sentence, but Kelli spoke first.
"Remember what I said about having visions?" She asked, but left us no time to respond. "Yeah, well, you two better start back home now." 
"Wha-," I began, but I felt Nate pushing on my mind link.
"Yes?" I replied to him as my eyes glossed over from the mind link.
"Josh get back now! We have a problem," he said into my head.
"Nate, tell me what is happening right now," I seethed to him.
"Rogues, they're coming for the school."
I sprinted out the door without second thought.