New Discoveries (14)

Josh's POV
I looked at Nate and my jaw dropped.
"Who's Julie?" I heard the king ask, his tone was short.
"Um.. She's a girl that goes to our school," Nate replied not knowing what to say.
The king growled at his response and walked towards Nate with dangerous steps. When he was within an arms length of my beta, he grabbed him by his collar and pulled it tightly. I, instinctively, growled and stepped towards the pair, but the king sent me a glare that made me sink back in fear.
"Well no shit," the king hissed in Nate's pale face. As the king held Nate, a couple of men appreaded from the forest; they were rogues. The king was still holding Nate when of the rogues asked,
"Why'd you bring us here, sir?"
The king looked away from Nate and towards the forest Julie ran into and said,
"I smell my mate through that forest."  He used his hand that wasn't holding Nate to point at the way Julie ran.
"I need you to find her," he finished.
The rogues began to walk towards the trees and smelt around.
"I can barely smell anything," I heard one of them say.
"Yeah, me neither," another added.
"Sir, do you have her name? We can track her down in our computers; we can barely smell her anymore," one of the rogues said to the king.
"What's her last name?" The king asked Nate as he pulled on his collar again.
"Banalli," Nate answered quickly.
The king and the rest of the rogues immediately looked at each other in shock.
"Banalli, as in the alpha that went crazy and left his pack?" One of the rogues voiced aloud.
"Yeah, Kevin Banalli. His pack was in South Africa; they were super strong and growing, but then one day he just left," another rogue said.
The king silenced them by saying, "he left to be with his mate."
The rest of the rogues looked confused at his words and one of them asked, "why didn't she stay and become Luna?"
The king growled at him and started saying, "don't interrupt me again," he paused, before he finished: "he left because his mate was a witch."
Nate and I then looked at each other in realization.
"That's why we couldn't smell her," Nate whispered to himself, but I could still hear him and I'm sure the king could, too.
"What do you mean you couldn't smell her?" The king hissed as he tightened his grip on Nate.
"We never knew she was a wolf, and then today she went off when you're rogues started touching her," Nate was going to continue, but the king let out a deadly growl and roared with question,
"My men touched her?"
Nate nodded in response. Then, in a low hiss, the king said,
"Then I'm glad they're dead."
Nate gulped, but continued his story as the king still had a hold of his collar,
"Yeah, well she went wolf on them and killed them.  Everyone was shocked, because we couldn't smell her wolf, but now we know her mother's a witch. She was covering her scent," Nate was rambling, but then king cut him off by saying,
"She's a hybrid." There was a look of pride in his eyes as he spoke.
"Alpha, someone told me something you'll wanna know," one of the rogues spoke to his king.
"Speak," the king commanded as he dropped Nate and watched him fall to the ground.
"I mind linked intel and told them the Luna's name," he paused and I took note of how they were already calling Julie 'Luna.'
"Three plane tickets were bought to Bucharest, Romania under Julie Banalli's name. The flight left 20 minutes ago," the rogue finished.
"Get a jet ready for me and inform our men in Romania to be on the look out for when she lands," the king instructed his rogues then looked at Nate and I.
"And get them and the rest of their pack out of here; I don't care what you do, I want them gone for when my mate and I return," Nate and I gulped at the king's words, but held our heads high as he walked away.
"Wait sir!" One of the rogues yelled after the king. The king stopped and turned, raising an eyebrow in question.
The rogue continued, "what men do we have in Romania?"
"The men at that one bar with the fight club," was his response.
"The death march?" The rogue questioned back. The rogue king nodded his head and said.
"Yes, tell them I'm coming."
The king turned and ran into the forest, away from us, towards his mate.
*********
Julie's POV
It's been an hour since Ian gave his victory speech and it's around 12 o'clock. The past hour I've spent with Camille, laughing and dancing. This place was, actually, really fun once you got over the name. A couple of girls had taken to the poles that were empty earlier and a few small fights had occurred, but nothing crazy. Everything was going fine, maybe even great, and I was about to drag Camille to the dance floor and away from the bar when we heard a riot breaking out near the fight club area.
"What's happening?" I asked Camille as we heard a bottle break.
Ian, then, came running down a staircase I hadn't noticed earlier. He was shirtless and had a couple love marks along his neck. The raven haired girl from earlier was running behind him, wearing the shirt Ian had on earlier. Camille and I gave each other knowing looks as we took in Ian's appearance.
"What happened?" My brother asked as he approached us.
"I think I should be asking you that," I said as I looked Ian up and down.
Ian just laughed and said, "Julie, you're a big girl, I think you know what was happening."
I was going to reply when the sound of another bottle breaking filled the air. We were too far away from the riot to see any action, but we could still hear it due to our heightened senses.
"Ian go settle them down," Camille instructed.
"Why me?" He asked back.
"You're kinda the boss now," Camille replied.
"Oh, right," Ian muttered before he took off running towards the scene of chaos.
"Let's follow him," Camille said as she grabbed my hand and chased after my brother.
As we got closer to the area of the fight an intoxicating scent hit me. It smelt like rain and sexy man all in one. I immediately became addicted and followed my instances towards the scent. As I moved closer, I was able to see what was causing the ruckus. In the middle of the fight club rink was a group of men, all tall and well kept. There were around four of them and they were yelling things in a language I didn't recognize. The crowd around them seemed to disagree with what they were saying, because they were fighting back with broken bottles and Romanian explicits. Then, one of the four well-kept, attractive men spoke above the others. I could only see his back, but his hair was blonde and slightly curled; he was taller than his other men and, from what I could tell, more muscular. His voice was sexy and deep and sent chills up my spine.
"Stop arguing. Take me to your boss, I'll fight him myself," he spoke in English and I understood his words, but I had no clue why he was arguing in the first place. The crowd around him silenced themselves at the authority in his tone. I then realized Ian was entering the circle, still shirtless. He walked in front of the man, puffed out his chest in an intimidating manner and spoke.
"I'm the boss around here," Ian said as he looked the strange man up and down. The man was around the same height as Ian, maybe an inch or two taller, but he appeared to be more muscular than Ian.
"Good," the man said as he glanced Ian up and down. "Let's start the betting," he finished as he cracked his knuckles. Immediately, people began to throw money around, betting on the fight. I guess, my brother had gotten himself into another brawl in one night; however, with this one, I wasn't as confident Ian would win. The man standing before him exuded power and authority.
My thoughts were cut short when I felt Camille tapping on my shoulder,
"Julie," she said. "Look at his neck."
I was confused at what Camille said, but I followed her orders and silently gasped at what I saw. At the base of his hairline was the symbol of the rogue's monarchy: the king's crest.
"He's the king," I whispered to Camille, unsure what to do.
"Yes and he's about to fight Ian," Camille replied.
It was with her words that my shock was broken and replaced with worry for my brother. Without thinking, I did the first thing that came to mind: I yelled.
"Ian, you're going to get hurt get out of there!" My brother looked at me and rolled his eyes; he's ego was too big to take caution to my words. As I looked at my brother, I realized that he wasn't the only one that heard my words, because my eyes were meet with a pair of bright blue ones.
My breath got caught in my throat. The man beside Ian, the rogue king, was absolutely gorgeous. I inhaled the air and smelt the same intoxicating scent from earlier. I looked at the king and realized it was coming from him. As we stared at each other, my mind started chanting one thing over and over,
"Mate! Mate! Mate!" My thoughts were saying.
My mate looked as if he was about to run to me as he stepped in my direction, but his actions were cut short. In the time my mate had been looking at me, he had been left off guard, and with this weakness my brother took action. I watched in horror as Ian's fist collided with the side of my mate's face.
I screamed at the scene and went to run and stop the commotion, but Camille held me back as asked what's wrong with me.
I couldn't reply, because all I could see was my mate's eyes snap away from me and towards my brother. His once blue eyes were now black with anger. Slowly, my brother and my mate circled each other. They looked ready to rip each other's throats out, but neither one made any move to attack. That was until Ian lunged forward and attempted to kick under my mate's knees, but the king jumped up and dodged his attack. The king went to grab for my brother's neck, but Ian quickly moved to the side. This was becoming too much for me to just sit and watch, so I broke free of Camille's hold and ran into the center of the fighting.
My brother was about to kick at my mate, but stopped when I entered the center.
"Julie get back right now," my brother hissed at my appearance.
I glared at him and then looked at my mate. He was still gorgeous, especially with the small sweat beads now forming on his skin and the ends of his hair.
"Ian stop," I instructed slowly, not breaking eye contact with the rogue king.
"Why?" Ian asked slowly, noticing me staring at his opponent.
I was going to reply, but the rogue king cut me off,
"Because she's my mate and the future queen of the rogues."
People around us gasped and fell silence with shock, but Ian did neither of those things. Instead he hissed at my mate,
"She'll be none of those things."
Then, he ran at full speed towards my mate, tackling him to the ground.
The scene before was just child's play compared to what I was currently witnessing. My brother and my mate were tangled in combat, and I saw flashes of claws and fangs.
The fight was no longer for money, it was for me, and, as I watched the action in front of me, I realized:
I didn't know who I wanted to win.