New Guest (8)

Friend note: mates are for werewolves and that means two people are soul mates and will only love each other for life. They know each other by smell and idk appearance. Basically mates are destined to be in love.
*******
Julie' POV
"Julie I need you now," I heard Ian say to me from the pool deck. I was currently swimming and chatting with a couple of friends from school, but Ian's tone sounded urgent so I quickly made my way out of the pool and followed him to his room where he closed and locked the door behind us.
"Ian what's wrong?" I asked concerned at his behavior.
"Þeir vita að eitthvað er rangt (they know something is wrong)," he said in Icelandic. We only spoke in our native tongue when we didn't want people to know what we were saying, which, I guess, was now. Ian's words left me confused, so I questioned,
"hver veit hvað? (who knows what?)"
"Þeir þekktu föður (they recognized father)," Ian answered vaguely.
"Who? Josh and Nate?" I asked in English.
"Já, Ég heyrði þá í sölunum (yes, I heard them in the halls)," Ian said. "Þeir vita að pabbi er úlfur og að við erum að fela eitthvað (they know dad is a wolf and that we are hiding something)." I stayed silent as I let Ian's words sink in. I didn't think anyone would recognize father; if I did, I never would have hung that stupid photo, but now Ian and I were left to deal with the consequences.
"How did they know?" I asked Ian, not bothering to hide our words in Icelandic.
Ian seemed done with speaking the Nordic language too, for he answered with saying.
"When dad was Alpha, he went to this country-wide meeting and I guess there's a photo of him and Josh's dad together that Josh knew him from." I nodded at his answer; dad was once the alpha of an extremely strong pack in northern Vermont, but left all the power to his beta when he found his mate, our mother, on a trip to Iceland. At first, father wanted her to come back with him to America and lead beside him as Luna, but she told him she was a witch and that she didn't want to rule over his large pack. Witches were, naturally, very independent and my mom would feel trapped around so many people; dad, also, hated being alpha, so they ran away together and started a family. They raised us in Iceland and when we reached the age of 8, Mom and Dad decided to move us to Louisiana. There, we learned how to fight and control our powers. When we turned 15, our parents decided they wanted to travel and left Ian and I living on our own most of the time. Sometimes, they would come back and visit, but they were usually around the world, visiting old friends and meeting new ones. Ian and I didn't mind though, we loved our parents to death, but we enjoyed having an open house and we frequently called our parents, so we weren't completely out of touch. Now, however, Ian and I were slowly starting to realize that we needed Mom and Dad home. Ever since they moved us here to Creek Ridge and watch over the stone, so many things had gone wrong and if mom, truly, wanted to protect the stone, she would have to come back and help us.
"We have to tell Mom and Dad about the rogue king," I said to Ian, voicing my thoughts aloud.
"I think they'd just tell us to handle it on our own," Ian responded.
Ian was right, our parents had a tendency to make us solve our own problems head on, no matter how big they were. They believed it was the best way to learn: to throw us in the deep end and force us to learn how to swim.
"Yeah, but this isn't just another one of their stupid lessons; this is life and death. There's an entire army ready to invade this town and something tells me they're here for more than just the Orange Sun land," I took a breath between my rant. "The king has to know the stone is here. Why else would he be here?"
Ian began to think after I spoke; I could practically see the gears in his mind turning. He must have agreed with me though, for a minute later he began to nod.
"You're right. I'll call them later tonight when everyone leaves."
*****
Ian held true to his word; everyone, including Nate and Josh had left over 20 minutes ago. After the pair of wolves found out about our father, they barely spoke a word to us. They were apprehensive, it was clear in their eyes. I had a feeling they wanted to ask us questions, but they didn't know how. I sighed, I'd need to deal with them later.
My thoughts were interrupted when I heard Ian say, "Mom? Dad? Are you there?" There was a pause before Ian said, "yeah she's here. Let me put you guys on speaker." Ian walked up to me and sat beside me, placing the phone between us.
"Mom! Dad! How's Romania? We miss you guys a lot." I spoke with enthusiasm.
"It's great! We miss you too, but we won't be back for awhile. Kaley, the ancient vampire, is taking us across the country to meet these other people who know more about the stone. How's everything over there?" My mom sounded so happy, I didn't want to break this and tell her that Creek Ridge was turning into hell, but she had to know.
"Um, yeah, about that, Mom, we have a little bit of a problem." I paused.
Ian cut in and quickly spoke, "is dad there with you? He should hear this too."
"Um, I'll go get him, give me a second," Mother sounded uneasy at our tone, because we never told our parents about our problems. We were trained to fix anything before it got out of hand, and admitting to our parents that something was out of our control was something we never did.
"Kids, what's wrong?" We heard our dad ask in tone that held little emotion.
"Well, Mom and Dad, this town isn't as peaceful as you thought it to be," I spoke for Ian. "First of all, there's rogues, lots of them. At first we thought, they were just pests that wanted some territory, but we did some investigating and found that they were part of the king's army. Mom and Dad, we think they know about the stone." Ian and I waited for a response as we heard our parents sigh.
"Children, we're sorry we didn't tell you earlier, but we already knew. There's a coven of witches close to you, in Virginia. They caught a glimpse of the future; you two were in the image, along with the king. The witches contacted your mother immediately, they recognized you as her children. We sent you someone that'll help, but we need you to keep the king away from that stone until we return." Everything our father just said was a lot to process. It left me confused and Ian mad.
"And when will you be back?" Ian asked, his tone was short. He was obviously angered by our parents's secret.
"Two weeks" was my mother's only response.
"Okay, goodbye." My brother ended the phone call and quickly walked over to the nearest wall and punched a hole straight through the dry wall.
"I can't believe them! They knew all this time and just left us here!" Ian seethed as he slumped against the wall. I wasn't nearly as mad as him, because they whole situation just sounded like something our parents would do. Their actions didn't surprise me.
I attempted to calm Ian down by distracting him, so, I asked, "who do you think they're sending here?" Ian looked up at me from the ground and loosened the death grip he had on the ends of his hair. I guess the distraction was working.
"I don't know, probably some big wolf warrior or something," Ian said with uncertainty.
Just then, there was a knock on our door. Ian and I looked at each other confused, not because we weren't expecting guests, because we were, but because we couldn't smell the person at our door. Our heightened senses always allowed us to smell anyone that was within 800 yards. Whoever was at our door was breaking this; I had sniffed the air repeatedly, and couldn't sense anything.
There was another knock.
"Go answer it," I commanded my brother.
Ian hesitated.
"Don't be a pussy," I told him. I must have hurt his ego, because he rushed to the door after that.
He opened the door and I was shocked by the person that stood before him. There was a gorgeous girl. She had to be as tall as me, at least 5'09; her shoulder length blonde hair perfectly framed her face and her hazel doe eyes. Her body was covered in a low cut black sweater, and you could clearly see her abundance of cleavage.
"Who are you?" Ian asked as he, not so subtlety, checked her out.
"You're parents sent me," she said as she side stepped Ian and entered our house.
"Our parents sent you?" Ian asked in disbelief. "Well things could be worse." He flirtatiously replied as he chased after the girl that was now making her way over to the kitchen.
"Aren't you going to ask my name or why you couldn't smell me before you try and take me to bed?" She replied with a slight chuckle.
"Yeah, answer those," my brother said as we joined her in the kitchen.
"Well my name is Camille Bravesky and I'm a"
I cut in before she could finish,
"You're a vampire."  She looked at me and flashed a wide smile, slightly exposing her long fangs.
"Yes, nice to meet you."  She held out her hand for both of us to shake. Ian looked confused and before he could ask any questions I said, "her last name, it's the same as the vampire mom and dad are visiting right now. What are Kaley Bravesky's sister or something?"  I asked directing the question at her.
"Daughter actually," she corrected me. "My mother has a certain liking for your parents and she wanted me to come here and help you protect some magical rock or something." 
"I guess we're the same then: always working for our parents."  Ian laughed as he watched Camille look at the paintings around our kitchen.
Cami scoffed and replied, "you could say that again."  She looked back at us, "I don't think I ever got your names." 
"Julie and Ian Banalli, and I guess we're your new roommates," I told her as a mischievous smile crossed my face. Camille saw my face and a similar smirk crossed her features.
"Well roomies, I think we're gonna have a whole lot of fun," she said and let her fangs grow to their full length. "Probably a little too much fun."
She sprinted out the back door at the speed of light, and in less then 60 seconds, she came back holding the body of a dead squirrel, sucking its blood.
She stopped and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. She, then, walked behind Ian and lightly grabbed both of his shoulder. She touched her lips to his ear and whispered,
"That was good, but I like the blood of rogues more."
She threw away the squirrel and turned towards the stairs, swaying her hips as she left.