Chapter 8

I'm so sorry this chapter took forever to come out. High school just started and Marching band season had me really busy. On top of that a lot of other stuff has been happening. But here it is the next chapter. So enjoy and happy new year!

It was now April and the abuse Kamoshida only got worse. You noticed audited changes from Shiho and Mishima along with the whole volleyball team. You were worried but didn't know what to do. On April 11 a new student came his name is Akira Kurusu. Rumors about him spread like wildfire. Like he came here because he got into a fight and some other crazy stuff. You didn't really listen because you didn't like rumors. Akira was in all of your classes and sat behind Ann and in front of you in all of them. He wasn't a bad student but he did miss the first day of school other than that nothing and he's pretty smart. Well today was April 13 the day of the volleyball rally. It was faculty against students. You went to a few for their scrimmage games they were pretty good which didn't surprise you. The day was long and you weren't looking forward to the game because you knew the truth. You sat in the bleachers with all of the other student watching the game. The ball went back and forth from one team to another. Kamoshida hit the ball in the really hard sending it straight to Mishima. Dead eyed he looked at the ball and hit it but fell back. You gasped and stood up slightly but sat back down. The game continued and the teachers said how great of hit that was. "Bastard." you whispered to yourself. You sat there watching in disgust as the ball was hit back and forth. It was after the school day and you meet up with your two favorite people. They were exhausted and didn't talk much but Shiho seemed worse than usual. Mishima parted paths with y'all and you began to talk to Shiho. "Do you want to come home with me today?" You asked wanting her to say yes. She looked at you, her eyes looked dead which gave you a unsettling feeling. "Sure, can we stop at my house first? I need to get something." She said looking away from you. "Of course." You replied. The two of you began to go to her house. Shiho went inside and you waited for her outside. When you came back you saw nothing had changed from her appearance but you didn't ask what she needed to do and so the two of you continued to walk back to your house. Y'all entered the house and to your surprise it was empty. When finally in your room and settled down Shiho opened up her bag and pulled out her favorite necklace. "I want you to have this so you never forget me." She said holding it out for you to take. "Shiho, I could never forget you, you're my best friend and like a sister to me. Plus this is your favorite necklace I can't take that." You said hold her hands. She sighed and began to talk again "Just take it, please.". It seemed she wouldn't be taking no for an answer so in the end you agreed to taking the necklace. "Hey, so with everything that's been happening you haven't been you lately. And I want you to know you can come to me with anything and everything ." You said in a caring and motherly tone. The two of you studied and talked for the rest of the time until she went home. You went to pick up her necklace. It was a silver porcupine laying on its quills with the belly of the creature being a lapis lazuli. "Please be okay." you whispered to yourself while putting the necklace onto your nightstand then going to bed.