Chapter 2: Star

Sunday January 12th 8:56AM

     "STAR!!" Moon's voice echoed through the nearly empty house, only a few pieces of furniture being in the halls. Star flew up in her bed, her long blonde hair getting all in her face "I'm up I'm up" She muttered to herself as she slowly looked around, not yet being used to her new room "Star! Your father and I need to get to work! Come down and say goodbye!" Moon called, standing at the stairs, giving River, Star's father a soft smile. Star jumpped out of bed, sliding her feet into her purple slippers, matching her nightgown. She ran down the hall to the stairs, seeing her parents at the bottom of the stairs and ran down them, hugging her mother tight.

     "Do you HAVE to go!? I'm leaving for school today and I wanted to say goodbye to you before I did!" Star said pouting, looking up at her mother with a puppydog face. "Star, you are more than capable of going to school by yourself. You don't need us for that anymore" Moon said smiling, gently petting Star's hair. "Your father and I left a surprise for you in the kitchen, make sure you get it before you leave." Star nodded and hugged her mom again for another moment, then let go and walked to her dad, hugging him just as tight "You'll be okay pumpkin, I believe in you" He whispered as they hugged. "Thanks Daddy, I love you." Star said softly, pulling away from her father.

     "Call us when you get to your dorm room, and don't forget your surprise in the kitchen" Moon said as her and river left, closing the door behind her. Star let out a soft sigh, looking around the empty house "Why did it have to be after I graduated?" she muttered to herself as she walked to the kitchen. She looked at the island and found a note, a plate of pancakes and a framed picture of her and her parents at her high school graduation. Star smiled at the picture and took the note in her hand, reading it aloud. "Star, we are SO proud of you for graduating high school, and we both know that you will have lots of new adventures in college. We love you so much, never forget that. Love, Mom and Dad XOXO"

     Star smiled and folded the note, setting it next to the picture and taking the plate of pancakes to the table, sitting down and eating them happily. She washed her plate and went upstairs, taking a shower and then went to her room, looking in her closet of what remained of her clothes. She picked a blue dress that went down to her knees, matching them with a pair of blue flats and a blue headband, looking at herself in her mirror. "Let's make today great then. New adventures and new friends." She looked at her backpack and picked it up, going out to her car and starting it. She put on her favorite song and started driving to her new school.