Chapter 4: STARved

Sunday January 12th 4:05PM

     As Marco walked down the hall to his room, he couldn't help but think about Star, his new.... acquaintance? Friend? CRUSH? "No. I don't like her. Sure she's cute, and seems smart.... and her eyes...." Janna's yelling snapped Marco back to earth "Hey asshole! Where have you been!?" He had totally forgot about meeting Janna to catch up from break. "Shit, my bad Janna, this new girl ran into me and I offered to show her around campus, I totally forgot about our plans." Marco rubbed the back of his head, Janna walked to him and playfully punched his shoulder "She better be cute to forget about me" She teased. Marco chuckled and shook his head "Let's just get inside and catch up" He unlocked his door and let Janna in first, closing the door behind them.

     Janna flopped down on Marco's bed and groaned. "So what did you do during break?" Marco sat down on the couch he had gotten for his room, turning on his bluetooth speaker and putting on some mellow music to have in the background. "You know, same as always, sit around, drink a bit. Same as last year. What did you do?" Janna rolled her eyes as she answered, sitting up and letting her feet dangle from Marco's bed "Well......... I went to this club. And met this guy...." Marco's eyes went wide, blushing a bit. "Yeah? Well I know you only go for 'cool' guys, so he must have been super cool" Marco said sarcastically, making air quotations around the work "cool". Janna simply scoffed and tapped his arm with her foot "Suuuuure, only the cool guys. That's why I hang out with you right?" Marco shook his head and chuckled "You know I'm the coolest person at ECCC. Hey, I'm pretty sure that I have some drinks in here somewhere. Wanna get buzzed?" Janna made a evil smile and narrowed her eyes at Marco. "I thought you'd never ask" She hopped up and they both started looking for the alcohol Marco had stashed somewhere.

                                                                       3 Hours Later.........

     Star was on the phone with her mom, sharing stories about their days, Star's obviously being more interesting than a normal day at work. "And I met this great guy who showed me around campus and to my room." Star said smiling, propping herself up on her elbows and kicking her feet above her. "Just be sure you are careful, college boys are......." Star cut her off mid sentence, "MOOOOOOOOOM, I'm always careful with boys, you know that." Moon was nearly about to scold Star, but remembered that she was an adult now, so she was able to trust her more. "Just..... Be sure you're careful, I trust you honey." Star smiled at the words, her mother had always been SUPER protective, so a bit of freedom was nice to have from her. "I will mom, although I don't plan to have any special boyfriend or anything. School's my focus here." As she finished her sentence Star's stomach growled, she realized she hadn't eaten yet. "Hey mom, can I call you back? I'm gonna go and eat something before I die." Moon was quick to answer, "Of course darling, we can chat again soon. Have a good night, love you." "Love you too mom." With that Star hung up the phone and started looking up places that delivered to their dorms. After 5 minutes of searching and not finding anything, she remembered that Marco lived just down the hall. "He'd know places that deliver here, he's been here for 2 years!" With that she headed down the hall toward room 347.

     As Star got to Marco's room, she could hear loud music coming from inside, sounding like some sort of party. "Should I knock? I'd hate to be interrupting something. No, It's a Sunday and we have classes tomorrow, He's probably just enjoying some music." Star knocked loudly on the door so it would be heard over the music and stood at the door waiting. Marco and Janna had gone through half a bottle of vodka and mixed it with cranberry juice, so they were both tipsy at this point, dancing to the music from Marco's speaker. Janna heard a knock at the door and nudged Marco. "Hey, pretty sure that was the door!" Marco turned the music down and walked to the door, looking through the peep hole and seeing Star standing there with a big smile on her face. "UGH, It's that..... Star girl from earlier, I was hoping to not see her again until tomorrow." He took a deep breath and let it out, opening the door with a smile. "Hey S-Star.... What's up?" Marco had obviously been drinking, but Star ignored it, it not being any of her business anyhow. "Hey Marco, I was wondering if you had any menus for places that deliver here? I'm STARved" Star immediately regretted making that joke and bit her lip, looking down. "YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!" Marco rolled his eyes and chuckled "Ha ha. Good one Star. Yeah, I have a few menus, come on in." Marco opened the door wider and let Star in, closing the door behind them. Janna was stretched across the couch, face deep in her phone. "Janna, this is the girl I told you about, Star." Janna looked up and saw the girl that held up her best friend, keeping a straight face and monotone voice. "Hey, I'm Janna." she said plainly, not trying to be friendly. Star noticed this and felt disrespected, wanting to say something but bit her tongue, not wanting to start a fight already. Instead she put on a fake smile "Hi, I'm Star, I just moved here last week." Janna didn't respond, going back to her phone. Marco put his hand on Star's shoulder, causing her to look up at him and blush a bit. "Don't worry, Janna's kind of an ass at first, she take's some getting used to on both sides" Marco whispered to Star, walking her to his desk and opening a drawer, handing her several take-out menus with a smile. "You can actually hold onto those, I can get more tomorrow after my classes, AND after the Dorm Store for you." He put on a big smile as he looked down at Star. She was unable to speak for a moment, looking up at Marco's eyes stunned her. She was finally able to push words from her mouth. "Thank you, and yes, I appreciate you doing all this for me, I owe you like.... 3 times now." Marco shook his head "It's fine Star, you don't owe me a thing. Do you.. want a drink? I have plenty of Vodka." Star bit her lip, not being a big fan of drinking, but not wanting to be rude.

     "Well..... my mom did say I should enjoy myself while I'm here. Sure, but only one. We do have classes tomorrow." Marco smiled and playfully nudged her. "That's the spirit, good attitude to have here, there's always parties going on here, maybe I'll take you to some, get you some friends?" Marco walked to the kitchen area of his room, making the three of them drinks, handing one to Star and the other to Janna. They all drank, listening to the music, after a few minutes Marco ordered food to the room for everyone, wanting to be nice to Star since it was her first day and she must be nervous as hell to be at a brand new school. They ate and told stories to each other, Star ended up having 4 drinks and was obviously a light-weight, stumbling around Marco's room and checked her phone. "Oh my GOD! It's nearly 11! I need to get to bed!" She tried to walk to the door but stumbled, Marco helped her get her balance and chuckled. "Maybe I should walk you back, make sure you don't die on the way back?" Star looked up at him and blushed, not knowing if she should. "Take risks. Enjoy yourself. Let him walk you to your room, invite him inside and see what happens." Star's head was racing, wanting to take the risk and enjoy her night, but also wanted to be safe and not let him. She bit her lip softly and nodded, "If you don't mind, I'd be more comfortable with someone helping me." Marco nodded and walked with her down the hall, letting her hold onto his arm for balance. Star help his arm as they walked, smiling like a kid in a candy store.

     "Sooooo........ are you and Janna......." Star trailed off, knowing Marco would figure out what she had meant by the question. "Together? No no no. We've been friends since grade school, Not a couple." Star nodded and kept walking, thoughts running though her mind left and right. "This is perfect, he's ripe for the taking. All mine, no one else's. What are you thinking you JUST met this guy today, you hardly know his name. Shut up! You're 19 and in college! Have fun, just kiss him when he drops you off and that's it!" "Star?" Marcos soft voice snapped her away from her brain fighting itself, seeing they were at her door. She glanced up at him and blushed, embarrassed she had spaced out. "Sorry, I kinda got lost in my head." She let go of his arm and looked up at him more, analyzing his face, his medium length chocolate brown hair, his deep brown eyes, the red hoodie he had on made him look especially cute, the only problem was that it matched her cheeks, unable to stop them from glowing like Christmas lights. "Kiss him. Kiss him. KISS HIM!" Her brain commanded. Without hesitation she stood up on her tip toes, leaning her face closer to his.

     Marco was a bit confused why Star was asking about him and Janna, but didn't hold it against her, she was drunk after all. He stopped at her door, looking down and seeing her just standing there. "Star?" He asked softly, realizing she was lost in her head. Star quickly looked up at him, blushing bright red, she was probably embarrassed, but he didn't know why, everyone spaces out now and again. "Sorry, I kinda got lost in my head." She said softly, letting go of Marco's arm, but looking up at him, almost staring. Like she was.... memorizing everything about him. Marco looked back at her, learning the details of her face as well. Her soft looking, perfect skin, She obviously washed it daily. Her sea foam blue eyes, reminding him of the beach close to here. Her blonde hair, as yellow as the sun and it looked soft as a pillow. "Kiss her Marco, she want's you to kiss her! No, She's drunk, it wouldn't be right." Just as he told himself that, Star stood up on her tip toes, leaning up to him, closing her eyes slowly. "Oh shit. SHIT SHIT SHIT. She DOES want me to kiss her!" Marco panicked internally, but Star only got closer and closer, her eyes closed and her lips together, prepared to kiss him. Marco knew one thing, He needs to decide what he want's RIGHT NOW!