Chapter 6: Damnit Oskar

Monday January 13th     7:42AM

    Marco and Janna made their way to the lecture hall, sitting down near the back of the room, so they could leave quickly after the class was over. Janna sat to Marco's right, getting comfy in the chair, knowing they'd be there for the next hour. Marco groaned and leaned back, taking a sip of his coffee. "Today is going to be shit, I can already tell." He glaced over to Janna, who was staring at her phone, per usual. Marco pulled out his laptop and prepared to take notes for both himself and Janna, knowing she wouldn't be taking her own. "Maybe I should talk to Star later, let her know my feelings? No. that's a terrible idea. What if she doesn't feel the same? What if she avoids me after I tell her? Then she'd have noone here on campus to go to if she needed anything. I'll just keep it to myself, wouldn't be the first time I'd done it." Just as Marco finished arguing with himself, the third person of their group plopped down in the chair to Janna's right. Oskar, he was more of Janna's friend than Marocs, but he was one of the people who was ALWAYS having parties in his room, so it was beneficial to be friends with him, it made it seem like Marco wasn't a TOTAL loser.

    "Hey guys, how was your break?" Oskar asked as he put his ankle on his knee, leaning back and scanning the room, in search of attractive girls no doubt, Oskar was a handsome guy, and used it to his advantage. He could get nearly any girl he wanted at this school, just because of the people he hung out with, besides us of course. Sometimes Marco wondered why he wasted his time with him and Janna, but from what Janna says, they've known each other since high school. Nowhere near as long as Marco had known her, but a long time none the less. Janna answered Oskar's question with a simple shrug and a noise that resembled a "Meh." Oskar gave Janna a look but let it slide, knowing she could snap on him quickly if the wrong thing was said. "What about you Marco? Anything interesting happen over your break?" Marco looked at him then back at his laptop, thinking of if anyhing would stand out from my usual times away from school. I scanned ny memories of this Winter Break and nothing really stood out, just the normal...boring Marco things and time spent with his parents. "Not really, just enjoyed being away from here." He gave Oskar a nervous chuckle, glancing at him before staring at his laptop screen. "Too bad, maybe next time you should come hang with me, I was partying the WHOLE time." Oskar said with his mellow tone he always used.

    "Am I boring? I don't think so....... I just like different things than Oskar does. He's a big partier, where I'd rather enjoy some alone time with some nice music in the background, maybe with a drink or two? Yeah. That sounds like a perfect night to me. But I mean...... Sometimes it'd be nice to go out of my comfort zone and experience the reckless life. Like.... to REALLY experience it. Maybe I could ask Oskar about his next party? I could go and hang around him, see what he does and try to mimic it?"  Marco was cut off by Oskar, not a surprise. "Speaking of parties, guess who's holding the annual 'Back to School Bash' this weekend? THIS guy, that's who. And you'll both be happy to know that you're invited, EVERYONE's gonna be there, so be prepared for a crazy night!" Oskar seemed excited about his party, and I was invited, which gave me the perfect chance to experience a real crazy college party. "This is perfect, this is my chance to try and make a name for myself among Oskar's friends, maybe meet some 'cool' people for once." Marco glanced at Janna, she didn't seem to have any opinion about the invitation to Oskar's party, but he knew she'd go, she ALWAYS went to Oskar's parties.

    Just as Marco had taken another sip of his coffee, he heard a farmiliar voice to his left. "Hi Marco, Janna! Mind if I sit here?" Marco glanced to his left and saw that it was Star, he looked at her dress and then to her face and nearly choked on his mouthful of coffee. She looked stunning, it seemed that she didn't need anything more than a bit of eyeliner and lip gloss to make her look like an angel. Marco swallowed his coffee and caught his breath, blushing a bit. "Y-Yeah, go for it Star." He was stuttering. WHY WAS HE STUTTERING!? He thought back to what Janna had said in the line for coffee. "Maybe I do have a crush on her.... but if i do, than.... oh no." Before Marco could think Oskar had already been staring at Star, forming a plan in his brain. Janna looked up from her phone because of the sudden silence and looked at both Oskar and Marco blushing and staring at Star, all she could think was "Oh no...."

    Oskar leaned forward in his seat, reaching across Janna and Marco, offering to shake Star's hand. "Hi, I'm Oskar, Janna's friend from high school. And you are?" Marco looked in horror as Star shook Oskar's hand, showing a big smile on her face, "I'm Star, I just moved here. This is actually my first day in this school. And I assume I'm Marco's friend, he's the first person I met when I got here." Oskar smiled and took his hand back, staying leaned forward to have a direct look at Star, "I'd figured you were new, I hadn't seen you around campus last semester, I'd rememebr someone as stunning as you." Star simply blushed and covered her mouth with her hand, smiling big, "Why thank you Oskar, I try my best to look good." Marco looked from Star to Oskar, then to Janna, who seemed to have the same thought as him, it happened often since we spent so much time together. They seemed to speak using just their eyes, understanding one another without speaking a word. "Did you see that!? He's so damn clever, He's known star for 10 seconds and already has her blushing!" Marco said to Janna with his eyes. "Yeah, seems like little 'Lover Boy Marco' has some competition." Janna telepathically mocked, giving him a smirk. Marco shook his head and tried to ignore what was happening, hearing the professor entering the room and getting the attention of the class. Marco attempted to block out the conversation that was going right past him throughout the whole class, struggling to take notes as the professor spilled information for the full hour. As the bell rang Marco allowed Oskar and Star to leave first, watching him walk with her out the door before closing him laptop, looking to Janna.

    "What the FUCK just happened?" Marco said as he packed his bag up for his next class, which he shared with Janna as well. Janna stood up and followed Marco to the main grounds, walking next to him as they made their way to their next class. "Seems like Oskar the 'Echo Creek Playboy' has struck again, this time it's the new girl he has his eyes on though, not unlike him." Janna didn't seem surprised by Oskar's actions, knowing him for 4 years before this must haver numbed her from his behavior. "Well... as long as he.... is decent about it." Marco said with a bit of anger in his voice, he had heard rumors of what happened to the girls Oskar had interests in, he had never heard a confirmation on them, but you could never be too careful. As Janna and Marco walked through the Center Area of the campus, he caught a glance of Oskar and Star, she was laughing, seeming to be happy talking to Oskar, he wasn't sure why he felt jealous, he hardly knew this girl, but he seemed to think that somehow, they had some sort of.... bond? He shook his head and chuckled to himself. Yeah right, there's no way Marco had ANY kind of connection with a girl like Star. Marco and Janna got to their next class and sat down, not surprisingly Star had the same second class. Thank God Oskar didn't now Marco could take his notes in piece. As soon as Star sat down it was obvious she had exciting news, she sat down and was staring straight at Marco and Janna, as soon as Marco looked at her, he tried to acknowledge her. "Hey St-" but he was quickly cut off by Star's excited voice. "Oskar invited me to his party this Friday!" She could hardly control her excitement. "She must have not gone to many parties wherever she came from." Marco thought to himself, not sure what to say in response. "That's great Star, we could all go together now." Marco faked a smile, watching star nod happily and start preparing for the class.

    "Damnit Oskar"

................................................................................................................................................................

So my upload schedule will currently be every Saturday and Wednesday. I'll do my best to stick to that, but I can't make promises.

...............................................................................................................................................................