Chapter 8: Warmth

Monday January 13th 8:45PM

     "Soooo........ What now?" Star ask Marco, looking at him a bit nervous. Marco had no idea what to say or do. He looked around Star's room again and saw a pile of movie boxes on her desk, he wasn't able to make out what they were, but ANYTHING beat this awkward situation they were in. "We could.. watch a movie together? It isn't too late yet." Marco was a bit nervous to be alone with Star, he hoped that the movie would help to ease that a bit. Star's eyes seemed to light up when he mentioned a movie, she sat up and clapped her hands a bit "YES!!!" she realized what she had just done and relaxed, blushing a bit at her action. "I mean, yeah, sounds good to me." Marco chuckled and nodded, he stood and went to her desk, looking at her movies, he was only slightly surprised they were all Pixar movies, he smiled a bit as he looked through them, picking the movie "Tangled" his favorite movie from Pixar. As he came back and handed her the box star smiled wide, looking from the box to him "This is my FAVORITE movie. EVER!" She said smiling as she stood up and put the disk into her player, hopping back onto the couch close to Marco.

     She started the movie and got comfy, scooting a bit close to Marco, he blushed as he glanced at her, but decided it would be better if he didn't say anything about it, after all, if he wanted to try and be more than friends with her at any point, he couldn't be uncomfortable with her being close to him. As they watched the movie together, he could feel the warmth of her hand closer to his, in response he slowly moved his hand closer to hers, a smile slowly forming on his face. "This is nice, why does she have to be interested in Oskar? I'd love to have a chance to show her the REAL me. The side that only Janna really knows...." His thoughts were interrupted by Stars hand slowly sliding over his, he small fingers wrapping around his hand. He looked over at her and she was looking up at him, she was biting her lip with a little smile, "Is... Is this okay?" Marco wasn't able to create words and he was blushing again, he just nodded slowly, smiling back at Star. She smiled and squeezed his hand a bit, turning her attention back to the movie, Marco quickly looked back to the movie, not fully able to focus on it.

     "What does this mean? Does she like me too? I've known her for a day and this girl has already accepted me into her life as her friend, and now it seems she might be interested in more? No. She had a date with Oskar on Wednesday, we're friends.... but then why is she holding my hand?" Marco's mind was racing with all the thoughts about Star. She looked at Marco and giggled a bit, able to tell he was deep in thought, no doubt about her. "He's so cute when he's nervous. Wait.. did I just say cute? I mean funny.... no, fuck that. He's cute. But this is a bit strange... I have a date with his friend on Wednesday night, this has got to be so confusing to him. Maybe I should let go of his hand, that should make it clear that I'm not interested in him like that? But his hands are sooo warm, and it feels... right to hold his hand.... UGH, boys are so confusing!" Star heard a loud noise from the movie and jumped, not exactly sure what it was since she was so deep in thought, wrapping her arms around Marco and burying her face into his chest, completely forgetting what she had just thought to herself. Marco was taken by surprise as Star shoved her face into his hoodie, blushing red but chuckling a bit as he looked down at her. "It's okay Star, it was just the movie, nothing to be scared of." He gently patted her back, trying to comfort her as best he could, still looking down at her. "I know, it just startled me is all." He could barely hear her since her voice was muffled by his hoodie, she pulled away and looked up at him smiling, but as soon as her eyes met his, she couldn't help but freeze, blushing a soft red, paralyzed by his deep brown eyes.

"Kiss her! She's basically telling you to! " "Kiss him! He wants you to kiss him, just look at those eyes, he's totally into you!"

"Fuck it." Both of them thought, it must have been simultaneously since, they both leaned into each other's faces and joined their lips. They both were surprised at the fact both of them had leaned in, but after a moment relaxed, letting the moment take them as they started kissing more, their tongues slowly dancing between their mouths. After a moment, Marco gently held Star's hip, scooting closer to her, she put her hand onto his cheek, letting out a soft moan against his lips. Neither of them knew what to do, they didn't exactly plan to be doing this, so they were thinking on the fly. After a few minutes of kissing, Star moved her hands to Marco's chest, grabbing his hoodie and pulling him closer to her, not wanting to ever stop kissing him. He was a bit surprised at this, but decided to roll with it. "What are you doing Star? You've known this guy for a day, and now you're making out with him and moaning!? What if he gets the wrong idea and thinks you want to.... Would it be that bad? He obviously cares about you, he'd be a good guy to have a relationship with." Just as she thought this, Marco put his hand onto her knee, feeling her smooth, soft skin. She obviously shaved and used lotion daily.. it was nice, but he didn't want to push anything, it was too risky. "This is amazing. I think she's really into me, I mean, she IS kissing me, and didn't stop me when I put my hand onto her knee. Maybe..... I should try for more? No. I need to respect her and wait for her to tell me." As he thought this, Star bit his lip, pulling it a bit, giving them both a moment to catch their breath. Marco let out a soft moan and quickly caught his breath and started kissing her again.

"Okay, that HAS to be a sign!" He slid his hand up from her knee to her thigh, but as he did, Star pulled away, blushing bright red as she looked at him, Marco was just as red as her, trying to say something. "I..I. I'm sorry.. I thought...." Star shook her head and let go of Marco's hoodie, looking down at the couch as she scooted away a bit. "I'm sorry Marco... I think you're a great guy, and I think that I do like you... But I'd like to go on a real date with you to decide..." Marco looked at her, a bit confused at what she had said, but understanding what she meant. "Well... I'm free Saturday. We can go to the Pier, it's not too far from here." Star smiled a bit, looking back up at him, "I'd like that, a lot." They both smiled at each other for a moment, then Star sat up, looking at him seriously, "Okay... maybe you should go. Otherwise I might start kissing you again." Marco blushed and nodded, "Yeah... I think so too. I'll see you tomorrow in class?" Star stood and walked with him to her door, opening it for him, "Of course, I'm never late." Marco walked into the hallway and turned to face her. "Okay, well.... Goodnight Star." He started walking down the hallway to his room, Star watched him for a moment and whispered, "Goodnight Marco." and closed the door, going to her closet to get ready for bed.

30 Minutes Later

Marco laid in his bed, looking up at his ceiling, not able to sleep, since his mind was rushing with the memory of what happened in Star's room, and the idea of going on a real date with her Saturday. Fortunately, all that thinking tired him out and he soon fell asleep, a slight smile on his face with Star on his mind. Star was sitting on the edge of her bed, thinking about what she had done. "How can I have two dates in the same week? And with two FRIENDS for that matter!? How stupid could you be Star!?" "UUUUUGH!!!!!" She fell back onto her bed, closing her eyes and covering her face, but all she could think of was her encounter with Marco. His lips were so soft, and it felt so good to kiss him, like it was the right thing to be doing. But she hardly knew him, and already agreed to a date with his friend Oskar.... Should she call it off with Oskar? Should she call it off with Marco? Or just do it for both? As she tried to decide, she ended up falling asleep, thinking of the scenarios between Marco and Oskar.