Chapter 10: Besties

Saturday January 18th     8:12PM

     Star woke up with the light from her window shining on her eyes, everything was a bit blurry and she had a bit of a headache, no doubt from how much she had drank. She pulled her arm and her leg from around Marco, sitting up on the edge of her bed, stretching a bit. "Man, last night was really crazy. I'm so surprised that Marco did that for me..." She turned and looked at Marco, he was still in a deep sleep, but he seemed to be comfortable. Star gently set her hand on his cheek, running her thumb over the band-aid that was covering the cut Oskar had given him last night, she sighed and kissed his cheek softly and whispered. "Thank you, Marco. I don't know what I would have done if you didn't show up." After that she grabbed her phone and walks to the bathroom, seeing that Moon had texted her earlier this morning. "Hello darling, how was your Friday night? Did you do anything fun?" Star looked at the text and frowned, knowing that she couldn't tell her mother the true outcome of last night. Instead she decided to tell a little fib, wanting her mother to think everything was great. "Hey!! I had a great night, my friends took to a party, I'm safe in my room now, and I may have a possible boyfriend?" Star wasn't sure if that was part of the lie or not. Marco was a great friend, and someone that she could trust with anything. But was he someone that she could see herself with? Star bit her lip while she thought, but felt her phone vibrate, she looked and saw it was another message from her mother. "That sounds like a lot of fun, and I'm glad you were safe and went back to your room. Just be careful with this boy you're talking about, sometimes boys can act one way until they get you to like them, and then change after they've gotten you in their grasp. Make sure you make a good decision when the time comes." Star was both interested and annoyed, she had heard the 'boys change' speech at least a hundred times, but this time.... It made more sense to her. Could Marco be a completely different person behind all of this? No, he's too sweet all the time, he has only gotten mad twice that she had seen, the time that he called her stupid.... and the other time when he gave Oskar a black eye.... Maybe he was different behind that cute smile. Star groaned and started a hot shower, looking at herself in the mirror, she smiled a bit and admired herself for a moment before hanging Marco's hoodie up and undressing, getting into the shower.

     After a few minutes of letting the hot water hit her body, Star decided it was time to actually clean herself, covering herself with her body wash and washing it off quickly, leaving her smelling of mint. She then got to the hassle of her hair, lathering it with shampoo, as she was preparing to rinse her hair of the shampoo, she heard a knock at the door. She knew it had to be Marco, so she was very relaxed in answering, "Yeah, what's up?" After a moment she heard Marco's voice, but muffled by the door and the sounds of the shower, "Star? did... did anything happen last night? I don't remember a whole lot." Star giggled and washed out her hair, wanting Marco to suffer a bit for the answer, she got all the shampoo from her hair and let out a happy sigh. "No Marco, nothing happened last night. Well, not between you and me anyway. I'll just explain it all when I'm out of the shower, okay?" Marco didn't answer and went back to Star's bed, sitting there waiting for her to get out of the shower. Star conditioned her hair and let the hot water warm her body a bit more before she quickly shaved her legs and got out, coming out of the bathroom wearing only her towel and holding Marco's hoodie. "Thanks for letting me wear this last night, I was just cold." She tossed it to him and opened the door to her closet, walking in and searching for something to wear for the day, she LOVED wearing dresses, but today was more casual. Maybe just a pair of jeans and a tee shirt? Maybe Marco would let me wear his sweater again, I like wearing it, it smells like him. Star didn't realize she was smiling like and idiot as she exited the closet for her underwear, Marco saw her face and chuckled a bit. "What's got you so happy?" Star hardly realized that Marco was still there and jumped a bit, turning around and looking at him. "Oh, just ummm..... I was thinking about..... puppies, and how much I'd love to have one, but the dumb rules in this building don't allow it sooo." Star quickly turned back around and went into her closet, smacking her palm to her forehead, mumbling to herself. "Really Star? Puppies? You're such an idiot." She shook her head and started to get dressed, pulling on a pair of skinny jeans and a blue tee shirt, thinking that Marco's red hoodie would look good over it. As she left the closet though, she saw Marco was already wearing his hoodie again and her smile quickly drooped down into a frown.