v || confused

Annabella was sitting in the Ravenclaw common room with a sketchbook opened in front of her, her mind blank. The couch dipped down beside her and she turned to see who it was.

She smiled at the curly haired boy. "Hey Tommy."

Tommy nodded at her paper. "What're you gonna draw?"

"Not sure, if I'm being honest. Can't think of any inspiration." She admitted quietly.

Tommy nodded, then furrowed his brow. "Is something bothering you?"

Annabella lifted one shoulder in a half hearted shrug. "I don't know," she confessed, leaning backwards to rest against the couch.

"I just...I helped James in transfiguration the other day, which isn't a big deal." She began. "But he was actually almost, bearable for once. He wasn't a prick. He was nice. Which made me think he isn't that bad to hang around, considering he seems to want to be my friend. But then his friends are so awful, that I feel he has to be like them. I mean, they're really the only people he hangs out with. But then part of me things it could be kind of fun to get to know James. But I don't know." Annabella admitted to Tommy. "What a bloody good Ravenclaw I am, can't even make a good judge of character on someone." She looked over at the boy when she finished speaking.

Tommy nodded slowly, as if he was thinking over what she said. But she noted that there was a bitter look in his eyes, but it disappeared when he redirected his gaze onto her.

"I can't really say either, Bella. I think that's for you to decide. But the situation, it's not really as life or death as you make it to seem. Either you become his friend or not. The world will still turn either way. Maybe he's like his friends, maybe he's not." Tommy told her. "I say if you want to, then go for it." He finished, with a sadder tone to his voice.

Annabella smiled slightly. "Thanks Tommy."

"Anytime. But now raises the question, what are you going to draw?" Tommy asked, smirking.

Annabella thought for a moment. "Hmm...how about I draw you?"

Tommy smiled. "Okay, how should I pose?" He joked, standing up from the couch and putting a hand on his hip and the other up in the air.

Annabella giggled. "Not like that. Just sit down, I want to do a portrait."

Tommy nodded and sat down in front of her.

"And remember, no looking until I'm finished, okay?" Annabella reminded him.

Tommy flashed a thumbs up.

Annabella first started with the outline. His head, then his neck and shoulders. Her pencil flowed smoothly over the paper.

She then moved onto his hair, capturing the way it fell down into where his eyes would be, once she drew them.

She found herself looking up less and less as a visual guide to draw him, her hand and pencil just seemed to know where it was going.

"Bella," Tommy interjected, breaking her concentration. She looked up, to see Via and Natalie standing next to him. She hasn't even realized they were there.

"Do you think I can go help them with something? I can come back if you need," Tommy asked.

Annabella shook her head. "No, that's okay. I already know what you look like. I can finish it from memory."

Tommy nodded and waved bye, as Natalie smiled at her and Via nudged Tommy with a smirk.

She rolled her eyes. Bella would never understand her friends.

She finished up her drawing on Tommy a little while later, after the shading was done. She held it back from her a bit and frowned when she saw it.

It looked nothing like Tommy. Normally her drawing was nearly spot on, especially if she was able to look at her subject for most of it.

But this portrait—somehow—it ended up looking more like James. It made her wonder if she was even drawing Tommy from the start, if somehow subconsciously she was drawing James. Because the two didn't resemble each other at all.

Yet the portrait was clearly of James. His ruffled hair, the gleam in his eyes, his playful smirk and sharp jawline.

Annabella cleared her throat and weakly shut her sketch book.

No one was going to see that picture. No one.

~~~
I hope you guys liked the chapter! Don't forget to voteee
do you think annabella is going to accept that she can be friendly with James??