xxii || perfect

James woke up refreshed in his own bed, happy to be back home in the comfortable atmosphere. But while his body felt well rested and at ease, he himself did not.

Because he still had to get Annabella something for Christmas.

He didn't know if she had gotten him anything, but honestly he didn't care about that. Just having her over his house meant enough to him. But for her, he needed to get her something, and he wanted it to be perfect.

He threw his covers off his bed and bounded down the steps to where his family awaited him in the kitchen.

His mother looked up in shock from her seat at the island, her hands wrapped around a mug of coffee.

"James, are you alright?" She questioned him as she took in his frantic state.

"I-yes I'm fine. I just haven't gotten anything for Annabella yet for Christmas so can someone please take me shopping today?" He begged, folding his hands together in a plea.

Lily snickered from the table she was sitting at along with Albus, and James shot a glare at the both of them.

His mother smiled sympathetically at James, and nodded her head.

"Of course James, we were all planning on going to Diagon Alley anyways today. Why don't you eat some breakfast and then get ready, alright? Don't worry, you'll find a present for your Annabella." Ginny told him reassuringly.

James smiled gratefully and rushed back upstairs to get ready, leaving a giggling Lily and Albus behind.

~~~

Now dressed appropriately with a warm scarf around his neck and his hair fixed, James stood in the middle of Diagon Alley with his family surrounding him.

"Can I go on my own to find something?" James asked his parents, because he thinks he would feel rather embarrassed picking out a gift for her with them following him around.

"Of course. Albus and Lily, you two can walk around on your own as well as long as you stick together. Let's say we meet back here in about an hour?" Harry proposed, and they all agreed to it as they set off in there separate ways.

James was left alone to think of what he could get for her.

He had thought about getting her a new cauldron, but they were only allowed to use a pewter cauldron anyways at Hogwarts so there wouldn't be much use for it.

He decided to go into Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, because he could probably ask his Uncle George or Ron for help.

He pushed open the door to the shop and saw that it was very busy, but that was to be expected. The shop had always been a hit ever since it was opened, at least he had heard.

His Uncle Ron's head popped up and he beamed at James.

"James! What are you doing in here?" He greeted, waving to his nephew.

"Oh, hi! I was just um, looking around to maybe buy something." He mumbled.

"For you or for someone else?" Ron asked rather knowingly.

"Someone else," James admitted.

Ron let a small smile show on his face. "Might it be for the Annabella your father has told me about?"

James nodded, his face flushing with the admittance. "I-I don't know that she'd like a gag gift, she isn't really like that. But I wasn't sure if you'd have anything else that maybe she'd like?"

Ron thought for a moment. "Do you think she'd like a Pygmy Puff?"

James's eyes light up. "Why didn't I think of that!" He exclaimed. "Yes, I think she would like a Pygmy Puff. She'd think it was adorable, I don't know if she's ever seen one."