ix || hogsmeade

Standing in the hallway, Annabella watched Lilian Davies saunter over to James Potter, and coyly places a hand on his arm, giving him a sultry gaze. She smiled up at him as Bella and her group of friends were nearing them to pass, and she found she did not want to know what they were talking about, or perhaps what Lilian was propositioning.

It was nothing new to her. James Potter was a player, and he constantly had girls chasing after him.

It's why Annabella didn't want to be friends with him in the beginning. A player was the only thing she knew him as, and she wanted to keep her heart guarded.

But now that she's talked to James a couple times, from what she's experienced with him, he seems like a completely different person then the stories she's heard.

Sometimes she wonders if they were even true.

"So James, how about you and I get away from all this commotion and go have fun somewhere else?" Lilian purred.

Annabella almost gagged. Was she for real?

It seemed Olivia and Natalie were sharing the same thoughts with her, as they shot Annabella a disgusted look.

"Pathetically disgusting, I know," she sulked.

Via raised her eyebrows. "You're never one to comment on things like that. Are you jealous?"

Annabella stopped mid stride in shock. "What? No! I'm not—"

"Bella!" A voice called out from far behind her. She turned quickly, recognizing the voice, to see James abandoning a disgruntled and rejected looking Lilian.

She couldn't help the smiling that was slipping onto her face.

"Yeah?"

"I was—well you see—I uh," James stuttered, suddenly seeming nervous.

"James Potter stuttering? Never thought I'd see the day," Natalie commented.

"Not to mention he just rejected Lilian Davies, never thought I'd see the day that would happen either," Olivia added.

Momentarily distracted from what he came over for, James looked at them offended.

"What? I wasn't interested." He defended.

"James, honey, since when are you not interested in a girl who wants to 'go somewhere else and have some fun.'" Olivia replied with a roll of her eyes.

"Unless he's found a different girl that he's actually interested in, for more things than just having fun?" Natalie questioned, and Annabella had a terrible feeling that they were talking about her. She shot Nat a look to get her to shut up.

"Oh, that's a thought. Well, we should get going. Wouldn't want to be interrupting anything, now would we?" Olivia smirked.

"No, not at all." And with that Natalie grabbed Olivia's hand, and off they went.

With flaming cheeks, Annabella turned back to James.

"So uh, what did you have to say that you ditched Lilian for?" She asked curiously.

James rolled his eyes. "One, she was annoying the hell out of me. I told her a couple days ago that I wasn't interested, and she tried again today." He said with a sigh. "And well, I was wondering if you wanted to maybe go to Hogsmeade with me tomorrow? Charlie and Noah are going and no offense to them, but I really don't want to go with them. They've been getting on my nerves lately."

"Yeah, mine too if I'm being honest. They're right dicks sometimes. No offense," Annabella interjected.

A smile pulled at James's face. "None taken, you aren't wrong. But you don't have to, by the way. I wasn't sure if you already had plans so..." he trailed off, and awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck.

Annabella smiled. "I would love to."

James grinned. "Really? I thought you were gonna say no."

"It's not like I'd really have anyone else to hangout there with. We've had this talk before..." she said jokingly.

"Right right, sorry." He said. "Well, I have to go now, loads of work to do. But I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yes."

"Alright then, it's date," James said as he turned to walk away, and then froze. He turned back quickly.

"I mean—I didn't—I—" he stuttered again.

Despite her burning cheeks, Annabella managed an awkward smile. "I know what you meant James, god you can stop stuttering," she said, laughing.

"Right—sorry. See you tomorrow," he said again, and then awkwardly turned to leave.

"I'll see you then," she replied softly, inwardly cursing the way her heart has lifted when James said the word date.

James is a player, she chided herself. He doesn't like girls like you, and he already explained why he ditched Lilian. It wasn't for you.

Still, Annabella couldn't fight the smile off of her face.

It was nice to have a new friend, at least. And she was looking very forward to tomorrow.

~~~
over 800 reads! thank you!