xxv || christmas part 1

The soft light streaming through the window blinds slowly roused Annabella from her sleep, her grasp on being conscious slowly strengthening. Stretching her limbs, she rolled over into her stomach and folded her arms underneath the pillow she was given.

"Finally, you're up," a voice drawled from the other side of the room.

Annabella startled and cracked one eye open, glancing over to see Lily staring back at her from her bed, Annabella being on a cozy cot on the other side of the room.

"Mm," she mumbled, voice still heavy with sleep. "What time is it?"

"It's a little past nine, so come on, get out of bed," Lily replied.

"Don't wanna."

"James has been peeking his head in every so often and pouting, it's rather annoying but I think he wants you to get up so you can hang out together." The redhead informed.

Now that caught Annabella's attention. She sat up straight, blinking a little harder to force herself awake and her eyes to stay open. "Really?"

At that the younger girl rolled her eyes, "yes, really. Don't keep him waiting too long, he's obnoxious."

Lily paused. "Also, it's Christmas Eve and mother always makes a really good breakfast to eat before we head over to the see everyone else later, that's definitely worth getting up for too."

Now that made Annabella stand up rather quickly. "Oh, you had me at really good breakfast. I love it here. Do I ever have to go back home?" She gushed.

Rolling her eyes, Lily sighed. "I would say yes but I think James might kick me for that one, if you could stay here forever I think he would never complain about anything ever again."

Hardly having time to even blush at Lily's words, a voice sounded from the other side of the door.

"Hey, stop talking about me," James whined.

Giggling, Annabella turned to grab proper clothing out of her bag, picking her outfit for the day. "Calm down James, I know you can't bear to part from me but I'll be out in a moment."

She could practically feel his pout through the door.

"I've been up for two hours," he called through the wood. "Why do you need that much sleep."

"Every girl needs her beauty sleep James," Lily drawled.

Scoffing, James replied. "I think Annabella's doing fine in that department, she's plenty beautiful already."

It went silent.

And then, raucous laughing sounded from down the hall, where she presumed Albus's room to be.

"Albus!" James snapped, his voice getting farther away from the door. "Shut up!"

"Oh that was splendid. Thank you for that James," he giggled.

"Oh," the girl in question finally mumbled.

"You say that as if it isn't bloody obvious James is whipped for you," Lily said amused.

Annabella turned around quickly, almost dropping the clothes in her hands. "What?" She gasped.

Raising an eyebrow, Lily laughed. "Don't tell me you didn't notice. He gets all soft when he's around you. I bet you think he's the kindest person ever, but it's really just with you."

Her cheeks flushed, and she ducked her head. "T-that can't be true."

"It is," she reassured. "But I know you'll only believe what you want to, anyways."