Truth

A/N sorry haven't updated for a while I deleted the chapter I was working with cause I didn't like it just wasn't going the way I wanted it so

  To be honest this was seriously fucking weird. I mean, me, hanging out with the guy that literally fucked my face up only a few months ago. Now we're buddy buddy enough to hang out at my house?

  The car ride didn't involve much talking. Most of the noise was Duran Duran blaring and him drumming his fingers on the steering wheel to it. He bobbed his head, swinging it whenever the the drum solo sped up.

He had taken off his jacket off before we met up at the party, wearing it hanging off his shoulders. He later threw it in the back on his Camero.

"Not much of a talker,Harrington. Promise I don't bite. Much.", he said grinning at me with his wolffish smile, looking away from the road.

"Yeah when the guy who wants you fucking dead and pummeled the shit out of you. What are you suppose to say, fuck.", I say, saying all the words I was thinking. Drinking that much was not a good idea.

"Hmm, maybe later. Oh about that sorry. It was kinda shitty. I messed up that pretty little face. But you lied so you were basically asking for it." Oh my fucking gog. He finally apologized. Wait he called me pretty. Should I be as happy as I am right now?

"What the hell was I suppose to do? Let an obvious pissed of you take Max. Let her go with you. Fuck no. How you treat her when you aren't mad, is shitty. It would've been a thousand time worse. I couldn't do that."

"I wasn't gonna fucking hurt her, yell at her yeah. The little shit deserves it. Dad he-. You wouldn't understand so stay out of it", he says basically bearing his teeth like a wild fucking dog.

I drop it cause you don't poke a wild bear and you definitely don't poke Billy Hargrove. The rest of the ride was silent, I wasn't gonna bring up another conversation and he sure as hell wasn't.

He pulled into my driveway and stopped right in my father's parking spot. Thankfully, he wasn't home. He'd have a fit.

He opened his door, getting out of the door and opened the backseat's door. He got out the alcohol we took from the party and some of his own.

"Lead the way, sir Harrington.", he says bowing, crossing his legs and curtsying.

"Of course, my noble squire.", I say playing along.

Why not? Of course I'm gonna play nice if he is. No reason being an asshole when he's actually being kinda of a cool guy.

We walk into the lit house, I swear a fucking light tower. We take our shoes off, well he does so after seeing me do it first.

"Pretty swanky ass place, Harrington.", he says wandering around the living room.

He roams around the living room for a while until turning on the record player, my "dad" bought. I bet everything I own that his secretary bought it last minute after he forgot it was my birthday.

"Your taste in music isn't actually shit, but the Beatles come on.", he said putting the vinyl on the track.

Turns out Billy has some appreciation for actual good music, he turned on Tears For Fears.

  "Don't shit on the Beatles. Their album Revolver was life itself."

  "Wow, I'm am actually surprised. You actually listen to stuff like this.", I says basically jumping down on the couch.

  He walked towards the couch, after turning up the volume a bit. Loud enough that you had to raise you me voice a little, bit not loud enough that I'd go deaf.

  "Like I say my music tastes aren't ass.", he said sitting down a couch couch cushion.

  He popped open one of his beer cans and laid out of the couch, just listening to the music I guess. He held one out to me and I took it graciously.

  So for hours it seemed, we just sat their. It probably was only like 45 minutes, but still it felt like a long time.

  Billy had about 4 cans and was starting to get a drunk. I had probably half of what he had so probably like 2 or so.

  "Harrington, I actually meant what I said earlier about kicking your ass. I felt really bad when I saw you the next day. I just had a bad night Maxine was gone and he was on my ass about it. Saying I was responsible and my punishment-. I'm actually sorry.", he said putting down his beer and looked me in the face with remorse.

  "Wow, I didn't think you felt that way. Actually, I'm sorry. I shouldn't of  lied. We were just in the middle of something really important. You were really mad and I just didn't want that."

  "My dad's just a hard ass about everything when it comes to me. He expects me to have no flaws and with his parenting that shit kinda hard. So I got more and more angry as he-"

  "I understand my dad's the same. He's not even here to understand what I go through and still on my ass. My mom is a little better about it though."

  "Yeah so was my mom. She was the best. She was beautiful, her hair's a bit like mine but longer."

  "She sounds nice. Wish I could of meet her. Does she ever visit town?"

  "She's dead.", he said suddenly sounding sad. Oh shit, oh shit. I just did a douchebag thing.

  "Um. I'm sorry.", I say stumbling around my words.

  "It's fine. You didn't know. It was a long time ago anyway.", he said taking a long sip of his bear and then throwing it behind him when he noticed it was empty.

  After a while we just started talking about random stuff. Turns out Billy was on the swimming team in California and he actually won a bunch of his races. He knows how to play piano, his mother taught him when he was younger, but is kinda of rusty since Neil doesn't like him playing. Billy is actually quite intelligent, his grades are better the Nancy's or about the same.

His relationship with father is bad. Bad enough that he had ran away a few times and ended up in holding.

  Eventually the talking died out. He didn't say anything after that and I didn't want him to. The silence was comfortable.

Dear future Billy, please don't act like an asshole tomorrow. I really want to like you. Platonically. Promise. I swear.

A/N if I procrastinate a lot so if I push off updating just comment telling me too thx