well, what do ya know

I walk back into the kitchen after a few minutes of making sure no one is around the cabin, which there isn't, there never is. I head back into the kitchen and is met with a serious looking El sitting at the table with the toaster, a box of eggos, and a bottle of chocolate syrup.

  "Okay, already setting up. You know what Hopper said.", but by the look on her face I can already tell that we're going to go crazy.

It's a masterpiece, a perfect tower, actually more of a Piza if anything, but still. A palace of perfection covered in whipped topping, chocolate syrup, strawberries, and sprinkle goodness.

(The sprinkles are a bit of an overkill, but once they taken out of the cabinet she was hooked on them.)

She pulls me over to the couch to watch one of her Spanish soap operas, which she's surprisingly into and is fully invested in. We've been watching this one show since I began babysitting her and it's honestly something I watch even when I'm out of the cabin.

It's also been helping me with my Spanish classes. It's been embarrassing to admit that you watch shows for teenage girls and middle aged moms, but I'm not willing to admit that a crazy Hispanic, with dead - not dead -, family is the only reason I'm passing.

The episodes we have been watching have just been getting more and more out of control - and I though the Hopper/El suddenly family situation was confusing.

  The whole season is about this guy, right, finding out his sister is actually his mom, wild. It has the whole family drama showing her during her pregnancy and them basically playing hot potato with the baby.

  They tried to choose which one of her "special friends", which you should never have cause it always ends up BAD, was the baby's dad. Like how would they even know who was it was, all babies look the same - mucusy and zombielike.

  That is a majority of the reason I like being the only one my parents made. I'm one hundred percent sure, fuck it one hundred and ten percent sure, that I'd be watching over them. I wouldn't have a time to ... be alone since I'm doing everything for them: feeding them, forging signatures, their laundry, giving them advice. I already have Dustin to do that for.

  "It's ... small.", El randomly says making me realize that she's probably, judging on her reaction never, hasn't seen a baby before.

  "Wow, forgot you kind of lived in captivity for a most ... anyway. It's basically a small human.", she looks at me with an awed look on her face.

  She looks down for a few moments and doesn't say anything. I mean, that's what you expect with El. She doesn't really know how to person yet, but she's learning so eventually she'll get there.

  The whole "normal" thing frustrates her since she doesn't understand it. She does, but she speaks what she thinks. Which has led to some ... very awkward situations: the witch hunt to find my new "lover".

  Here's basically what happened on that stressful stressful day:

  The kids had decided that going over to my house at 8 in the morning to eat breakfast, after they had stolen the pancakes I made the day before, and decided not only was I going to be their personal chauffeur but also their chef.

  So I'm woken up by an annoying constant ringing that doesn't stop until I'm at the door and opening. So of course, in my hurrying I wasn't able to put on more of a ... skin hiding shirt.