me, never

The front door was slammed open, in a hasty manner, shaking the framed photos and pictures, lining the walls, almost sending them tumbling down to the ground in a loud crash. Closing was another story, for it didn't happen, whatsoever. He was too busy rushing to see what the problem was, and scared of what the problem caused.

Steve ran through the house practically hearing his mother's yells for having his shoes on the good carpet and 'think of the mess your tracking in'. The rules were thrown out all together, they didn't matter as much as this did, they wouldn't ever matter as much as this did, hopefully.

  His pace slowed as he came across a pair of shoes lying misplaced in the middle of the living room, socks a couple feet away, bunched together, definitely thrown without care. Steve kicked them out of the way. His mother's persistence on 'a clean home is a happy home' almost stopped him from his initial journey, but his small action put him at peace, with them being out of the way.

  The more he walked around the house, the more clothing he found. This would be a bitch to clean up after he finally found where Billy was seemingly hiding.

  (Well,  he's cleaned up worse from Billy's messes, he's a fucking tornado in the kitchen, who somehow uses most of the dishes for just a simple batch of cookies. Good nonetheless, but unnecessary.)

  What the hell was he stripping around the house for? He already had his own makeshift bedroom/guest room, with some of his clothes in the drawers and most of his valuables. Think of all the on-the-spot lies he would have to come up with to explain this half naked (naked?) boy with his clothes strewn around the house, like he just couldn't wait. What then?

  Steve could just imagine his father walking through the house, picking up Billy's clothes, being confused since as far as he knew Steve hadn't changed his style since his absence, his long absence.

  He eventually find Steve with Billy doing whatever they usually do, this time it would probably be Steve either bandaging him up or examining his bruises.

  That wouldn't matter though. All he would see was a naked boy and his touching him, that was all he would need to see for the dots to connect in his head. Naked boy with his equally male son, a shitty equation, would have an even shittier answer, as well as the after math.

  His mother and father had both eyes and ears in Hawkins, although they were probably in town for three months or less out of the year.

  They would know who Billy was and who hadn't? The new young heartthrob from sunny California with the fit ass, who made all the teenage girls, their mothers as well, swoon and had the men on guard, whenever he appeared or his name came up.

  Billy's state of undress, and looks that could turn any straight man, would lead to the obvious thought. This would lead to Neil being called after a few curses and hits to Steve, after questioning his beliefs and why he would want to disgrace the Harrington name.

  Steve's popularity, if he could even call it that, would be officially six feet under as would Billy's, but from ear to ear, the story would be jumbled. Seeing the general dislike for Steve and the lustful/scared eyes the teens gave Billy, it would be turned around like Steve had attacked him. Not only would he be called a weirdo loser, who hangs around with children, but also a fag.

  The kids would start getting teased and made fun of by the shitty middle schoolers, even though it had happened all before, would they be able to take it with everything that's happened? No. Steve knew that if that ever happened the kids would slowly start distancing themselves from him, whether by their or will or their families.

  Billy would start going back to being like he use to; although, it would be way worse to show he wasn't like that either. Or even worse, ignore him all together like the friendship they had formed over shit parents and neglected trauma hadn't happened. He didn't know if he could live with that. All alone again.

  But he was getting ahead of himself. Dad wouldn't be home for another three weeks or so, and if Mom was with him, even longer. He hates this town; there's no reason to stop by randomly, not even for his only son.

  He wiped his sweaty hands on his jeans leaving his worried thoughts on the first floor, and up he went ready to see what was in store.

  yeah,,, this is short. ive decided that I'm gonna have short and long chapters so I'll be able to update more. i don't really know how to feel about the whole story in all, i just don't think it's very good, but ill keep updating,,, bye