4. Letter

Oh yeah. hi. I'm back.

I'm going to my room and reading.

...

Mom? Dad? Are you there?

When Riley stood up to me, that was great. I felt like someone cared about me, finally, since you died, and I had a real friend for the first time. I don't want to scare her away with... whatever I have.

My first friend. Will she turn away? Will she become as scared of my disease as my aunt? I hope not. Whatever she's doing isn't okay. I wish I had the courage to speak up. But how do I speak up? I can't even speak.

To use a line from the most heartbreaking anime short ever, "What will become of me from now on?"

What do I have? What killed you? Did mom pass it on to me, before she died?

I don't know. That's the problem.

The only clues I have to go on are breathing and talking. Is it my fault that you died? Yes. I'm sorry, dad. I argued with you over something i cared about and then you died.

I wish life was like Harry Potter. That I could solve my problems with a wave of a wand. But it's not. It "takes and it takes and it takes, and we keep living anyway."

Hi. Aunt M_____

I was just...doing things

Ok. I'll stop. Bye.

Is it against the law to be sad? she stops me every time. Im an emotional wreck.

well, bye. Hopefully Riley will keep standing up for me. That's all I've got on my side now.