The Great City

Then they leave him there. His journey in Panga will now start but it is not what he was expecting. He saw a lot of forest and the temperature was so hot. He was thankful for the horse that Laon's tribe has been given to him. He first travels through the mountains and after passing one he saw a city surrounded by mountain rocks and their only entrance was the open side of the city. He saw it as a dead city, a city full of gamblers, theft, prostitutes and different small tribes killing for resources. Using his horse he tries to avoid the city but at the center of the city he saw a base camp where he thinks that the dead city cannot pass and makes him think the cleanest camp of the city. He was curious and immediately with his horse they go to that camp and as soon as he enters the city the small tribes saw him full of resources so they followed him with their horses. They tried to kill him and get his resources but he was skillful enough to avoid them.

Now he was at the center of the city full of armored soldiers. He gets down on his horse and walk carefully into that base. He introduced himself into the guards but they don't let him to enter. The Datu sees him and saw his birthmark and he ordered to the soldiers to let him in but still warned them to not remove their guard on him. While they are inside the camp Gagi starts to tell the Datu his adventures and his main objectives in coming in the Panga Country. The Datu was amazed by his stories but still didn't give him any hint of trustfulness. The Datu tells him his name and he was kamiko Kita the present Datu of Taob, a city surrounded by mountains and also known for their great defenses. Kamiko told him the story of their clan. He told him that his clan is now a dead city. But before this they were known as the city who's great in defenses. Before him his father was the Datu of the Taob. Kamiko was a naughty boy. He was always being disciplined by the Datu. His father is not allowing him to go outside of the city and to go up the mountains surrounded in their city. But he does not follow and still do whatever he wants. When his father was in deep sickness he entrust the city to him but the Generals was not supporting him. He thinks that a naughty Datu can lead the city into destruction. On the day his father died he was immediately held as the Datu. By the age 13 years old he was already held as the youngest Datu of all times. The Generals did not agree because they want the old tradition where if the Datu dies the next Datu must be the strongest of the City that can lead them into success. The Generals started a rebellion but the news has spread throughout the city. Amir, the strongest General and loyal to his father and also to him defended him. He calls the soldiers to arrest and kill the Generals. The generals cursed the city before they're totally burned to death.

Now is the start of his term. All of the pressure is into him. The people are waiting for his orders and he still doesn't know what to do. But one day he remembers what his father told to him. "Opportunities doesn't come always, so grab it and do what you can to. Use it and show that it was really for you." Then he started to rule his city. He used his tactics in trading of resources through experience by going outside of their city. He also implements into his city on how the outside tribes creates their renewable resources. His new generals were trained by Amir then after several months Amir died because of sickness. He used the generals to train the soldiers of combat fighting teaches them by Amir. By climbing at the top of the mountain he created an idea on how to use the mountains as their primary defense weapon. They put rocks at the top of every each mountain so that any enemies entering their boarders without their permission will automatically be killed. The front entrance was filled with trained soldiers where if they were enemies they will be forced to push out by their forces. No one has the guts to try to conquer them. There was a time where their resources was full so that the spare resources was being given to those other tribes outside who was lack of food. As the time goes by the tribes around them become Citys. The citys around them are big enough to handle its people. Their city was depending on the defense of the mountains so that they can't spread their occupancy outside of the boarders. At the time the Datu thinks that he needs to spread their land it was already too late. Other citys already occupied the lands. And as the time goes by they became overpopulated and there were not enough space for the renewable resources to gain. They become lack of resources. There was a time that the other citys are becoming self-sufficient to their resources which is the reason for them to be unable for trading anymore. They tried to ask the other city and the other city gave them resources just once. The only thing that the Datu thinks was to conquer other citys but the other Citys has a bad feeling that Taob will do such a thing.

Whenhe started to form his soldiers he saw that the soldiers are not following himanymore but the generals. He has a feeling of rebellion so he created anotherdefense in the center of the city where the remaining loyal can stay. And justlike what he'd thought his people started to attack him. The generals deliveredthe news to him that the other citys promised his people that they will goingto give them enough resources to survive in the condition of their city'sdefenses was destroyed. The level of their defenses started to go down. Therock above the mountains was used by his own soldier against his own city whereso many people suffered a lot because of the falling rocks. After their cityhas been destroyed there were no resources delivered. Some of the rebels attackother citys but they died because they were outnumbered. Others pleased the othercitys to let them enter at least as slaves but they still did not allow them toenter because the other city thinks of rebellion. So they become a dead cityrelying only on what is left in their places. The Datu was planning to rebuildagain his city but the rebels were powerful enough to kill him and his people.Without the defense they were nothing. He also has a bad feeling that hisgenerals were also planning a rebellion.