The Encounter

Now their journey to the other one started again. After several days of journey they saw another dead tribe. The come closer to see what happen. They saw the place was burned and so many dead bodies. After minutes of observing they saw a man sitting at the burned tree. They saw an assassin same as what they saw in the war. They try to follow him but he was faster enough to leave them behind. They saw a writings on the ground a distance from where the assassin was seated. They saw it and realizing that the assassin and his people was preparing again for another war against another tribe. So they immediately leave to warn the tribe.

After several days of searching they saw the tribe in the seaside and it was also already a city. They come to meet their Datu but suddenly they were shocked because there was a person behind them. The person asks them.

Person: "Hello fellow people, what are you doing here?"

Kamiko: "Who are you?"

Person: "I'm the first one who asks a question."

Kamiko: "What the?"

Gagi: "where here to warn the city."

Person; "Ah, I see. Well my name is Malo Polo"

Kamiko: "Malo polo huh?"

Malo: "and what is the warning?"

Kamiko: "Bring us first to your Datu."

Malo: "Sure why not, you look like an ally to me so come in. I will introduce you to him."

Malo gave them a tour into their city. He told them about it. They are the Gibut. They lived near the seaside and aquatic resources are their primary source of living. Most of their clothes, armor and weapons are made of fish skins and bones. They also contented in their everyday living. They do share other smaller tribes their spare resources and welcoming others who already lost their homes. In times of war they have the most advantage if the enemies are in the ships because the ships need to pass through the high rocks near the seaside before landing.

After the tour he welcomed them to enter the camp of the Datu and gave them a nice place to be seated and a food to eat. Then he showed the two the throne of the Datu and the two were amazed because of its design and also it was made of fish bones. The view at the camp was also great. They Malo walk and sit in the throne of the Datu with a smile on his face asking.

Malo: "So what is the warning?"

Kamiko: "uhmm, so where is the datu?"

Malo: "The man who sits in this throne."

Kamiko: "So where is he?"

Malo: "Are you just blind or you are still out of your conscious mind?"

Kamiko: "are you the Datu?"

Malo: "Finally! Hello and welcome to my city."

The two were shocked unknowingly that the person that is with them an hour ago, giving them a tour and welcoming them was the Datu.

Gagi: "Our Datu, we are here to give you the warning. A tribe is planning to attack in your villages and we are here to let you know that your opponent is not that easy to be beaten."

The Datu asks about them before he gave them their trust. Then Gagi and Kamiko share their stories to Malo. After hearing their stories Malo told them that the warning was already too late because the war was already ended days ago. Three days ago a tribe was planning to attack their city and just what like Gagi said they cannot be easily beaten. The leader of the tribe was the assassin and he was Paco Polo. Paco polo was Malo polo's older brother but they have a lot of differences to each other. Malo wants peace but Paco does not. Malo is a philosopher and always share his thoughts and knowledge to the people and Paco is an assassin, he always kills the one who gets in his way. Their tribes choose Malo as their Datu due to his knowledge and power to implement peace. Paco becomes mad after hearing the news. He leaves his tribe and goes to the other tribe. Malo was still implementing peace until the tribes becomes a city. Malo told them that, Paco was always trying to conquer their city but he failed due to outnumbered of his people. Three days ago he was powerful enough to conquer the Gibut but at that time a city of ships was planning to trade their resources to us. We are at war in that time and when Paco saw a great number of ships he thought that they are here to help us. Paco told his soldiers that the Gibut has the advantage in attacking enemy ships. Paco ordered them to attack the ships with fired arrows. The ships were felt that they are being provoked into a war and they tried to attack but as soon as they enter the boarder the ships bumps into the rocks. They can all survive by slowly avoiding the rocks but their ships were on fire so they were in great pressure in landing in the seaside for as soon as possible. Most of the ships were destroyed and only a number were successfully boarded the land. The war begins and three tribes were in it. Our city and the other who's in the ships become one. We ended up fighting against my rebel brother and his tribe. While in battle my assassin brother killed the Datu of the other city. A young man and I think that his son was in great madness and because of his critical thinking we claimed victory but the assassin still escapes. The young man named Gaffu was now their new Datu and he promised his people that the loss of the many was a sacrifice for them to become more skilled and powerful individuals. He gave his father an altar in their tradition and it was the same from our tradition. They gave him his father's body a boat and let the waves get the boat. As soon as the boat was in a great distance they fire an arrow with a fire in its head until the grave sink into the ocean.

After the war they immediately fix their ships and leave our city. We thanked them a lot for saving our city. He also told me one thing that he has a friend to meet with on the other side of the country.

aciavt