chamonix ༄

━・

『 COUNTRY : Great Britain 』ETHNICITY : BritishAGE : 20HEIGHT : 5'8LANGUAGES : EnglishEVENT : Snowboarding    ╹ EDUCATION : Northumbria Uni ╹

COUNTRY : Great Britain
ETHNICITY : British
AGE : 20
HEIGHT : 5'8
LANGUAGES : English
EVENT : Snowboarding
    ╹ EDUCATION : Northumbria Uni

"spencer, the first thing you wrote on your application was the fact that you were deadly afraid of pineapples, and i asked you why."

freestyle wrestling gold medalist tonya verbeek was sitting with sculpted legs atop one another, clipboard in hand, switching off between eyeing the british boy down and reading his neatly written application.

"you then told me it was due to your allergyー which made me laugh because you're the only person who would make sure to write that in first. nevertheless, my interest was peaked, and you became one of the twelve individuals we've chosen in midst of nearly eight hundred thousand forms."

spencer's cheeks were tinted, indefinitely; he wanted to thank her, wanted to express his gratitude. yet instead, he pulled himself within his rush puffer coat, easing back into his shell. it was the final interview, the one that ultimately decided his personality would draw out enough homeostasis and how he wouldn't be a catalyst for the oncoming plight of war.

he knew the risk of throwing twelve individuals of different backgrounds and major cultural disparities together in a last attempt to ease nuclear tensions was a big dealー and maybe he was having second thoughts. the pressure was on him, the eleven other people who decided to represent their frustrated country, and his mind that boggled with maintaining peace so his offspring would be able to live as quietly as he had done so the few years before such dilemma.

maybe he shouldn't have applied. despite impeccable skills and grades that had grown to define him, spencer was the last person to begin a conversation. not only this, but even if he attempted to quietly and respectfully dodge any sort of confrontation, his demeanor was essentially misinterpreted. and instead of allowing a smile to accompany his pink-dusted cheeks, he let on a straight, emotionless expression.

he definitely wasn't proud.

"you've also failed to instigate a single word in this discussion," she remarked, peaking her eyebrow and temporarily giving the boy a scare.

she then laughed it off, shaking her head and looked down.

spencer couldn't imagine this kind-faced, 40-something woman catching an opponent in a crotch lift, slipping into a half-nelson, and pulling them into a spine-breaking cradle in midst of an olympic floor.

"i'd suppose i won't have to worry about you and your clear steer of skirmish."

tonya glanced at the clock, clicked her pen, and focused her attention back to the plain-faced boy sitting with his legs crossed, his arms encased around his stomach.

"what else do i say? i've got eleven people coming up next and you're just as quiet as they come."

spencer looked down and wished he could bring himself forth with at least a syllable.

he said nothing, and tonya smiled through an awkward silence.

"you can go now, hun."

he felt the wave of relief, immediately standing up and nodding his head as to silently thank her without having to induce his vocal chords. before taking his leave, spencer swallowed the view around the room and decided he'd make it his goal to avoid the office again; if he was ever there once more, it would be to settle disputes between the olympians.

he wasn't hoping for any such situation.

"oh, and spencer?"

he looked back, his lips barely releasing a soft hum in response.

"you're a real great snowboarder. don't let the others scare you."

tonya winked, and spencer felt the current war tension diminish for a second.

no wonder they were holding this in canada.

━・

creator : gardenfarie

━・

okay wait first of all alex lawther is the love of my love god bless you. second of all im a high class noob and totally disregarded adding family life/background info on the forms so if ya'll could pm me anything you'd like to know/include. if not, ill just make it up lolz. and third of all these interviews are hella short rip.

more characters to reveal !

-Del

━・