oslo ༄

━・

『 COUNTRY : Kazakhstan 』ETHNICITY : RussianAGE : 23HEIGHT : 5'10LANGUAGES : Russian + Kazakh + English + Broken Polish + Conversational HindiEVENT : Powerlifting     ╹ EDUCATION : Ahmet Yesevi Uni ╹

COUNTRY : Kazakhstan
ETHNICITY : Russian
AGE : 23
HEIGHT : 5'10
LANGUAGES : Russian + Kazakh + English + Broken Polish + Conversational Hindi
EVENT : Powerlifting
EDUCATION : Ahmet Yesevi Uni

━・

"dauren, don't tell me you were the one in the lobby who badmouthed my secretary, were you?"

"badmouthed? nah, miss verbeek you've got it all wrong. she asked if i was here for my interview."

"and what did you respond with?"

"no, i'm here for my death penalty; of course i'm here for my interview," dauren scoffed, bringing tonya's attention to his testy personality. she inwardly sighed and shook her head, deciding not to press the matter.

"well, first i'd like to congratulate you on being the first contender for our special olympics!" tonya said, trying to bring a smile to his face as she glanced over his muscular build atop legs slotted in a matte black wheelchair.

she was surprised to see he responded with a grinー one of those grins that intimidated you in the slightest, giving off the vibe that he probably had the potential to single-handedly bulldoze anyone who dared stand in his way. his sculpted features stood out prominently and there was a glimmer of confidence radiating off his vibe; tonya wondered if perhaps he'd ever been a model of sorts.

"oh this, "he questioned, throwing his head down to where his body was seated.

"this probably is a good thing."

"do i dare ask what that means."

"it means if i wasn't paralyzed from the waist down i would be kicking everyone's ass."

tonya pursed her lips and avoided his eyes for a second, wondering if whether or not this individual would be the next person to bring forth second thoughts. dauren must have noticed her contemplation, for he provided her with a smile that was meant to be reassuring.

"i'm kidding," he said, whispering canadians under his breath.

"i'm just a little tired of being underestimated is all. i'm all whoopass."

verbeek nodded and attempted a smile, still a little concerned. not knowing what else to discuss at that point, tonya searched for something to inquire about.

"you speak some pretty specific languages."

"problem, verbeek?"

tonya didn't mean to stutter with her response.

"n-no i just...i believe it's impressive. where did you learn all them?"

"well besides my parents being russian, my best friend was polish and i picked up a good amount when i hung around his family all the time. i took hindi in high school, and english? english was through american sitcoms and listening in to my dad's business convos."

verbeek nodded and gained a little respect for him. he must have been intelligent.

"were you born in russia?"

"nah. my parents just moved one country over for some sketchy oil business."

"i see. you like swimming, no?"

"love it. would have done it if i had the confidence when i was younger. didn't think i was really capable. but it's all good now, powerlifting scares enough people."

dauren smiled again and tonya felt the need to not press the subject any further. she glanced at the clock and sighed loudly; there were still a bit to go. opening ceremony would begin the day after and she didn't want to have to postpone the interviews until then.

"my time's up, isn't it?" he said, knowingly.

verbeek nodded.

"well, salutations. nice talking to ya, verbeek."

and with that, he exited the room, veins bulging with frightening strength.

tonya hoped the next one would be a little tamer.

━・

creator : snowiel