sarajevo ༄

『 COUNTRY : Canada 』ETHNICITY : FilipinoAGE : 26HEIGHT : 5'3LANGUAGES : Tagalog + English + Conversational FrenchEVENT : Skiing     ╹ EDUCATION : Uni of Toronto ╹

COUNTRY : Canada
ETHNICITY : Filipino
AGE : 26
HEIGHT : 5'3
LANGUAGES : Tagalog + English + Conversational French
EVENT : Skiing
EDUCATION : Uni of Toronto

━・

"elisa, its a pleasure to connect with another olympic veteran who played for the same country."

sporting a loud, confident smile, elisa maria took it upon herself to enthusiastically grasp tonya's hands and shake them with the most aggressive eagerness verbeek had ever seen.

"yes, yes, of course! its more of a pleasure to speak with you, miss verbeek. believe it or not you're one of of my role models! as a child i aspired to be as violent and strong as you are! i want to thoroughly thank you for this glorious opportunity, and despite my past failures as a struggling skiier, i promise you i won't let you down!" elisa bustled with energy.

eyes widened, tonya stared back at the bouncing girl with a slight hint of concern. she didn't know if it was the aspiration to be violent or the mention of past failures that peaked her worry.

"well, i'm glad you're here, elisa. i'm honored to be your role model; it didn't occur to me skiiers were aware of freestyle wrestlers."

"oh goodness gracious, of course they are! i can name at least seven canadians of each summer and winter olympic event that won bronze, silver, AND gold!" she beamed, swinging her legs that failed to reach the floor and dropping tonya's hands to clap her own together in excitement.

"oh...my, that's impressive, elisa."

earning a cute "mmhmm!", tonya couldn't help but laugh at her gushing personality. she had a feeling this one would be a joy to talk to.

"you know, i remember you, elisa."

the lively girl perked up in her seat at tonya's warm words.

"oh, word?"

"you competed in the 2014 winter olympics. 22 years old."

verbeek couldn't have expected elisa's smile to grow any bigger than it already was; her expectations were far exceeded.

"oh my god! i can't believe you know that, i was absolutely so shaky that year! i was waaaay off my grind. 2014? haven't heard of her in years."

the wrestler laughed, relishing in elisa's positivity and praying that maybe the others could be as determined and unbothered by current world affairs as she appeared to be. the girl definitely proved to be just what they needed.

"i competed in the youth olympics, too! it was also the very first one! well, that year it was the first youth for both summer and winter. i was terrible, to say the least," she recalled with a wide smile that tonya couldn't decipher if whether or not it held a great deal of pain.

"i remember hearing your name that year, too. you made quite the buzz, making headlines for such young potential," tonya said, not daring to add the horrific fall elisa had also taken that year.

"ah, i'm so overjoyed to hear you know of me. well, i'm here again! i'm ready to take on the next obstacle, and this time, i'll get something out of it that isn't just experience."

tonya verbeek adored elisa's determination, wishing she had that much when she was her age. she had previously thought about assigning leader roles for their campー and elisa marie de castro seemed like an excellent candidate.

"that's fantastic, elisa. i'm excited to see your progression. however, we're running short on time; its nearly noon and i've got seven more rascals to speak with before five pm. anything else you'd like to add before the next person comes in?"

"nope! that'll be it," she stood up abruptly and took tonya's strong hands once again.

"i just really want to thank you again. if you haven't noticed, this really is my last resort. yeah, i'm all for being a pacifist and fighting for a cause against war, but really, its much more personal. i've worked through hell and back to get to my goal. being told i have potential is nice, but not when you've finally surpassed the newbie stage. i'm going to win a medal, miss verbeek. and im going to do it whether or not i die for it."

slightly shocked and perhaps a little intimidated by the close distance of the young skiier, tonya remembered she was a gold medalist wrestler and replaced her unnecessary fear with a smile that matched elisa's.

"i'm looking forward to it, elisa."

elisa smiled and squeezed tonya's hands.

"from one canadian to another."

creator : TRUTH0FL0VE

━・

quick note, the first youth winter olympics actually took place in 2012, which is weird bc usually it correlates with the big boi olympics [2010 was a winter olympics] but since it wouldnt make sense to have it any other way, i made it so it happened first in 2010. in actuality, the first summer youth olympics did take place in 2010.