calgary ༄

━・

『 COUNTRY : Philippines 』     ETHNICITY : Filipino     AGE : 19     HEIGHT : 5'5     LANGUAGES : Cebuano + Tagalog + Semi-Fluent English + Conversational Mandarin + Basic Korean + Basic Spanish     EVENT : Marathon Swimming     ╹ EDUCATION : NCAA ╹

COUNTRY : Philippines
     ETHNICITY : Filipino
     AGE : 19
     HEIGHT : 5'5
     LANGUAGES : Cebuano + Tagalog + Semi-Fluent English + Conversational Mandarin + Basic Korean + Basic Spanish
     EVENT : Marathon Swimming
     ╹ EDUCATION : NCAA

"dania, you've got one long name."

thinking thoughtfully to herself, perhaps the long name would add to her list of insecurities. it wasn't exactly like she had asked to be birthed with such intricate letteringー it was a filipino name, who could blame her.

"but it sure is a pretty one"

and so the insecurity stopped short of its growth and instead spawned into a shy smile. tonya verbeek smiled as well, watching dania in her attempt to hide behind a long shield of flowy, dark brown hair.

"thank you," her voice came small, mouse-like, and certainly coming from a girl who would do anything but want to cause confrontation.

"even your voice is cute. how are you so fierce at swimming?"

tonya was nice, but dania couldn't help but feel slightly uncomfortable as she shifted in her seat. compliments were too overwhelming, and she couldn't ever bring herself to believe in most of them. perhaps she would start.

qualifying for the olympic camp at age 19 with only twelve possible victors was probably really impressive. she couldn't have been that skilled at backstrokes and butterflies. yet here she was, hiding behind her own shell, in a room with a world-known canadian wrestler who just wanted a solid reason as to why dania would be a great member of their olympic experiment.

"i wouldn't say i'm fierce, miss verbeek," she responded lowly, her head lowered.

"hmmm? though i'd say you are. you're also a polyglot, if i'm seeing this correctly. speaking multiple languages for this event is a plus, you know."

dania gave a soft smile, her cheeks burning with embarrassment.

"i'm not fluent in all of them."

"well, its a miracle you're fluent in any of them to say the least. all i speak is plain englishー with an apparent canadian accent that i'm sure is just a stereotype."

dania nodded and thought maybe tonya would be the first best person to talk to if the whole olympic allies business threw her under the busー or anything for that matter.

"at least you speak more than the last few. i'd say so far, our bunch is full of respectful people. i don't see any mishaps happening in the future," verbeek glanced at the clock, giving dania a full view of her neck that seemed to be bulging with muscles.

it occurred to her that maybe, no one should bother getting on her nerves.

"you're free to leave whenever you feel ready, hun."

still shaking, dania stood up and gave a brief bow, thanking tonya for her hospitality and grace before exiting the office.

she'd be confident for once, she couldn't afford not to be.

━・

creator : jongbae-

━・