grenoble ༄

『 COUNTRY : Canada 』ETHNICITY : Filipino/Hispanic/HawaiianAGE : 28HEIGHT : 5'7LANGUAGES : English + Spanish + Broken Tagalog + Broken Hawaiian + Semi-Fluent EnglishEVENT : Ice Hockey ╹ EDUCATION : Acadia Uni ╹

COUNTRY : Canada
ETHNICITY : Filipino/Hispanic/Hawaiian
AGE : 28
HEIGHT : 5'7
LANGUAGES : English + Spanish + Broken Tagalog + Broken Hawaiian + Semi-Fluent English
EVENT : Ice Hockey
EDUCATION : Acadia Uni

"arremi, i would say welcome to the bone-chilling climate of canada, seeing as you hail from hawaii, but you've lived here for quite some time now," verbeek was not sure she was ready for the last athletes to pass through the door.

clenching his fists in a matter that concerned the wrestler, arremi looked verbeek dead in the eye, no curve of a grin found on his lips. it was nearly two minutes into the interview, and tonya had no idea what she'd already done wrong.

"please, if you can, refrain from calling me arremi. i go by remi, and remi only."

a wave of silence washed over the room, and tonya had no idea where to go from there. judging from the way his leg was crossed over the other and his hands neatly in his lap, she did not feel like pressing the matter.

coughing, tonya remembered that she had a limited amount of time and a duty to carry on the conversation. regaining herself, she straightened her back and decided to match remi's challenging attitude.

"my apologies, remi. would you care explaining to me how you got into ice hockey as a citizen of hawaii?"

sighing, remi nodded and cracked the right side of his neck.

"i got into hockey when i came to canada, obviously. i was supposed to be an exchange student but clearly, that ended up not being the case. i would have been a surfer if i hadn't stepped foot in this freezing country," he remarked, a certain tone in his voice that suggested he shouldn't be messed with.

clicking her pen continuously with wide eyes, tonya immediately began mentally comparing remi to the frightening stance of the previous kazakh boy. she wondered if they would find a friendship.

"could you maybe, stop that?" he said suddenly, shaking her from her thoughts.

"stop...what?"

"the clicking. its getting on my nerves."

verbeek ceased to press her thumb on the end of the pen; once again, a deafening silence bounced off the walls. she felt as if she was walking on thin ice.

"w-well. let's move on, shall we?"

he gave a slight nod and cracked the other side of his neck. tonya couldn't tell if he was trying to be threatening. either way, it was definitely working.

"before you began playing ice hockey, what were your career plans? it says here that you graduated with an astrophysics major and a business minor."

"that is correct. i wanted to study the nebulae and the galaxiesー form theories and things of that matter. don't you know the definition of an astrophysicist?"

tonya was again, was confused. she couldn't tell if he was trying to be an asshole, or he was just always this painfully straightforward. shrugging off his testiness, she continued on.

"apparently, i do not. i do, however, admire the knowledge you seem to possess. i see you as an excellent addition to our roster," she said, pondering if whether or not boosting his confidence was the right thing to do. he was intimidating and made comments on everything she'd said so far, how could she not?

"thank you. i hope to be a good addition, too."

for the third, aching time, quietude took its rightful place in the vicinity of verbeek's cluttered office. whatever else she could say, she'd rather not say it.

"is that it?"

"pardon?"

"i mean, is this all you're going to ask me about? no proving my skills, no questions about where i come from or..."

still stunned by his nonexistent fear to speak his mind, tonya was glad he'd suggested an early end to their conference. she didn't know how much longer she could talk without witnessing him blow up. she took a deep breath.

"remi. you're here for a reason. i have everything that i currently need to know about you right in front of me. if you want, you can say whatever the hell you want to me. i'd be glad to hear."

verbeek was no longer smiling. instead, her "wrestler" poise was on, and she was sure she'd get tired of his rude remarks. remi pressed his lips together.

"i believe that'll be it, tonya. thank you for your time."

and without having to tell him herself, she watched as the taller male excited the room.

tonya swore the room became warm again.

━・

creator : uwuoverlord

━・