athens ༄

『 COUNTRY : Hungary 』ETHNICITY : KoreanAGE : 22HEIGHT : 5'7LANGUAGES : Hungarian + Conversational Tagalog + EnglishEVENT : Ice Dancing     ╹ EDUCATION : Eötvös Loránd Uni ╹

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

COUNTRY : Hungary
ETHNICITY : Korean
AGE : 22
HEIGHT : 5'7
LANGUAGES : Hungarian + Conversational Tagalog + English
EVENT : Ice Dancing
EDUCATION : Eötvös Loránd Uni

"fae zako ! finally, we've come to our last competitor of the evening. how are you, after waiting for so long?" tonya was more than relieved to see the soft features of the boy in front of her. although, she couldn't help notice how many asians came from other countries. nonetheless, it peaked her curiosity.

contrary to his outer appearance that radiated with youth, fae met verbeek with a stoic gaze that turned her guts into stone. after remi deroja, she didn't think she could deal with another frightening personality.

"honestly, i wish i could have come in earlier, i fell asleep numerous times," he responded, a clear hungarian accent hanging on the ends of his words. although he didn't accompany his response with a smile, it was obvious he didn't mean to sound as condescending as he had.

immediately backing up, fae apologized and cleared his throat.

"i-i mean, i think it w-would have been better to go before."

tonya smiled and nodded her head.

"i understand. i'll keep that in mind the next time. do you fall asleep easily?"

"at times, yes. when im not fully engaged."

tonya nodded again and waited a few seconds. she expected him to ask a couple questions or so, yet instead he sat idly.

out of the 12 athletes she had spoken with today, it seemed fae zako was the hardest to make conversation with. his hands were so tightly fit together that his knuckles were pure white, and he never let his eyes drift away from the ground. looking over his form with reason to question him on anything she could possibly find, fae was visibly uncomfortable.

"are you okay? do you need some water? a breather, maybe?"

flushing red, reyes straightened his body in seconds and forced direct eye contact with tonya. again, he never hinted a smile and kept his jet black bangs as windows to his eyes. the wrestler couldn't imagine someone more awkward than him.

"you wrote here you were adopted, i'm assuming you're comfortable enough to discuss that matter— if you don't mind me asking, of course," she said, hoping to bring more words out from his walled demeanor.

"r-right. i was probably born in korea, to my knowledge. i mean, that's all i can remember. but i was given up for adoption as an infant and adopted by a filipino father and hungarian mother," he explained, his voice barely reaching an understandable pitch.

tonya was intrigued.

"and you speak hungarian? filipino?"

finally, providing with a small smile, the raven-haired boy nodded.

"i grew up in hungary— hungarian is my first language. i can hold a conversation in tagalog."

reyes' smile was very welcoming, and though he didn't seem like it in the first place, reminded her greatly of emil. her tensed muscles eased.

"extraordinary. might i ask how you entered the rink for ice dancing?"

"my grandmother was an ice dancer from hungary. she was in the olympics years back, i believe"

"what is her name?"

"ilona berecz."

tonya stopped short for a moment in yet another wave of disbelief that evening.

"your grandmother is ilona berecz?!"

fae coughed and nodded his head.

"well, it must be incredible to have a grandmother as a past competitor and a current coach. did you learn under her wing?"

"yes. yes i did."

verbeek was giddy with excitement with this news. she remembered seeing ilona on tv as a child, loving the way she moved fluidly alongside her partner, istván sugár. perhaps fae knew him too.

"well, fae zako, i'm glad to have the descendent of a legend on our squad today. you offer plenty to the table and i know you'll make a great addition!"

for the second time, reyes allowed a smile to pass through.

"really?" his voice was small.

"of course. that's why you're here, no?"

he grinned and glanced down, once again.

"yeah...i guess so," he whispered to himself.

leaving the room silent for a few seconds, tonya's eyes followed the clock in the corner, realizing that the interviews had gone about an hour and a half overtime. turning to the flustered boy, she felt bad having to usher him out.

"reyes, i'd love to sit and chat, but its getting late and we need to prepare for the opening ceremonies tomorrow morning. you should get going to your dorms and attend dinner. you'll need the energy."

nodding, fae stood up from the leather chair and took his leave as quietly as he had entered.

sitting back with total weight brushed off her shoulders, tonya had an idea of every person that had come to her that day.

and she knew, there was trouble to be poked at. despite this growing concern, she snatched her phone and hit her thumbs against the keyboard with speed.

"johnny," she texted.

"for the love of god, who's rooming with who?"

creator : -dreamies

GUYS ITS OVER I FINISHED THE CHARACTER REVEALS !!!! im going to post the hosts/staff characters next and who's rooming with who! (this includes real olympians!) anyway, i might have to do active checks because it seems like half of my appliers are gone, which is fine but scary lol. i hope yall are still ready for this ! its starting soon !

-del

grit it, love ✿ afजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें