st. louis ༄

━・

『 COUNTRY : Australia 』     ETHNICITY : Chinese     AGE : 19    HEIGHT : 5'8    LANGUAGES : English + Japanese + Conversational Mandarin     EVENT : BMX Cycling    ╹ EDUCATION : ACPE ╹

COUNTRY : Australia
     ETHNICITY : Chinese
     AGE : 19
    HEIGHT : 5'8
    LANGUAGES : English + Japanese + Conversational Mandarin
    EVENT : BMX Cycling
    ╹ EDUCATION : ACPE

━・

"sam? is that your full name? or is it samuel, or maybe something like samara?" tonya felt compelled to ask, as the fourth individual sitting in front of her toted something different from the restー a testy smirk of sorts.

"you needa know that, mate?" he responded, voice dripping with the thickest aussie accent verbeek had possibly ever come across. she had to hold back from laughing.

"excuse me?"

sam aurtholia kicked his leg over another and leaned his body against the armchair directly across from the non-expecting canadian.

"you're one of those tall poppy seppos, aren't you?"

verbeek blinked.

"i'm gunna have to say this again, but excuse me?"

sam laughed, hooded eyes crinkling into a charming eyesmile that definitely suggested at a newfound playful personality.

"my apologies, i haven't been outside australia much. you'll have to politely dodge my slang. i grew up on the streetsー we didn't exactly speak english."

tonya nodded and leaned back as well, still tripping over sam's strange ways of conversing and decided to press the matter.

"so, what did you say?"

"ah, well i asked if you were one of those rich, successful americans. just making sure i don't have to hate you," he smiled large again, completely shameless.

tonya stared and couldn't determine whether or not she wanted to throw this boy into a lateral spin into an arm bar or be thankful for his outspoken quality. it was new, she couldn't recall how this boy had made it into her roster of twelve, law-abiding, non-troublemaking young people.

tonya coughed and settled on continuing the interview with no intention of asking more of his english creole.

"so, bmx cycling. i don't see many from your country. or maybe there is a good amount, i just don't exactly follow the sport."

"pretty badass, yeah? its the only thing i can remember making me smile."

the wrestler nestled her chin on her fists, balancing her elbows on her clipboard with his information rather chicken-scrawled onto the official form. she was taken back by his choice of vocabulary, most people in his position would never talk informally or toss in offensive language. somehow, it was refreshing.

"you grew up with the sport?"

"sure did. didn't start right away because the blokes around me liked to keep me sheltered. but alas, this lame boy wasn't having it. i started as early as i could."

humming, tonya glazed her eyes over his application, trying to find anything else to inquire about. preposterously, she didn't understand how she'd been able to understand his writing beforehand. she glanced up at the beaming boy; it didn't seem as if he was worried about anything at all.

"well, sam. is there anything else you'd like to add before i kick you out and call in the next person?"

thinking for a second, the chinese-australian pulled himself forward to see tonya better.

"am i the only aussie?"

"so far."

he smiled largely.

"good, because i'm more than enough."

tonya didn't have the heart to publicly voice her agreement.

"hooroo, verbeek! i hope to see you body slam someone in the near future!"

perhaps, verbeek would bodyslam him.

━・

creator : amodeous

━・

ur girl totally miscalculated that she unintentionally revealed the three most shy characters in a row hdhjssjsjsk