15. Thy Will Be Done

It was chaotic as Qui'hara stumbled into the demon hospital, holding on tightly to the dying man she had draped over her shoulder. It probably wasn't the smartest idea to move him, but the chances of Cliff's survival were already so low that she hadn't any time to waste. Myrna screamed for help beside her, pushing Angel away as the latter tried to quiet her. Several interns that were standing nearby sprang into action, rushing over a gurney for Qui'hara to lay him on, and she did so with great care. She was like Myrna, covered in Cliff's blood, and she stepped back and noticed that now as Austin appeared from around the corner.

"Myrna! What happened?" He was shocked to see them, and he pushed his way through to stand beside his friend. New tears threatened to form, even though he had thought himself cried out. Already his eyes were red and puffy, and he'd only just finished crying from the first round of bad news that he'd received. But now he had to focus, pay attention, even if he couldn't make out the story. Myrna tried to explain, but the way she blubbered made it impossible to hear anything she was saying. "Slow down!"

"I found him like this, he was already gravely wounded." Qui'hara interjected, following as they started to rush Cliff away.

"He had a rebar sticking out of him, and I think he's lost a lot of blood," Angel added, "can you fix him? Is he going to be okay?"

"He'll be alright." Austin's voice was a whine, and he worked harder to reassure himself than he did them as he stopped, blocking the others from following any further. "Stay here and let us work. I promise, we're not going to lose anyone else tonight."

"Austin," Qui'hara called out for him, but it was too late and he was gone. She turned instead to Myrna, who continued to wail in great agony. Without a word the demoness crossed over to her and took her into her arms, shushing her softly as she tried to ease her suffering. Myrna didn't fight her, even though there was nothing that could ever bring her comfort, and she fell into her when her body gave in. Angel watched the two of them, a feeling of jealousy creeping up inside of her until it became too much and she turned and headed out, going for a walk and leaving them alone together.

Meanwhile, Toby and Blair were also together. She crossed into his apartment and closed the door, pausing where she was as she no doubt thought about the best way to begin. Toby, on the other hand, still stared in disbelief, trying his best to rationalize her appearance. Last time he had seen her she had been so far gone, but here she was, full of life. Her eyes, once vacant and dull, were now aware. Her hair, bleached white from her encounter with divinity, was restored to a vivacious red. She continued to smile at him, and he knew that she had an understanding of all things once again.

"I know you must have so many questions," she shook her head, looking away for a second. "It's good to see you again."

"How?" It was all he asked, still dumbfounded. His inquiry caused her to sigh lightly, and she struggled to come up with the answer.

"Call it," she weighed her hands, "divine intervention. You're at a crossroads, Toby, you've lost faith. Every day you keep waiting for the end to come, as if you have no say in it, but I'm here to change your mind. Don't you see? You're still the hero of this story, and no matter what you might think, good will always triumph evil. Hope is not lost, you just need to be reminded of that. I'm going to get you back on track."

"This is crazy," he turned away, his mind failing to come to grips as he became annoyed. "You show up here after all this time, suddenly all better, just to tell me that? This was your prophecy, Blair! Now you're telling me its bullshit?"