16. United

Monica would not be stopped as she drifted through the streets, hands outstretched to both sides as power bolted out of them and struck the easiest targets. It didn't matter what she hit-buildings, cars, people-as long as it did enough damage. It had only been a few days since the hybrid and the meddlesome nun had closed up all of her portals, but already she could feel the effects. Though there was no evidence to suggest it was true, Monica swore that her power was fading without any demon blood to drink. Sure, there were demons already in the world for her to prey upon, but their blood was not new, it was nothing that could add to her growing list of abilities.

"So, you've come out to play, have you?" She spoke through gritted teeth. It hadn't surprised her to find that the heroes had come to stop her. It had taken longer than she thought it would, but it was with preparedness that she had turned onto this street and spotted her sister waiting for her.

"I have not come to play, Zenoya." Qui'hara mirrored the severity in her tone as she extended her blade. They were at a standoff, poised in the middle of the road as they glared unblinkingly at one another. Finally the younger Karthix demon moved, taking a step forward. "I have come to kill."

"What a relief, and here I thought you were just going to moralize at me some more. Alright then, let's have it." Monica snarled, bringing up her foot before slamming it so hard against the street that the ground trembled and split apart. The tremor threw her sister off balance, and she began lobbing large chunks of asphalt that flew through the air like missiles. Qui'hara saw them coming, but she still had not regained her balance and the first one made contact. It sent her flying back, but she gathered her bearings and landed on her feet before flipping out of the way of the rest.

"The time for talk has ended, I must finally admit what I have been blind to!" The demoness called, calculating her move as more chunks of the road came her way. She jumped, springing off each one as she soared through the air towards her sister. When the villainess was in her sight she attacked, leaping down with her sword ready. Monica sidestepped easily enough, scoffing at the attempt as the blade lodged in the ground. Qui'hara was quick though, holding onto the hilt for support as she twirled around it and kicked her off her feet. In the same move she pulled her sword free and held it over Monica. "You are beyond my help, the only salvation for you now is death. Forgive me, sister."

"You've always thought you were so superior to me," Monica was disgusted, locking her legs around Qui'hara's arm as she came in range with the weapon. With a violent twist the villainess disarmed her, maintaining the hold she had as she rolled back and reversed their positions. Now she was the one standing over her with the sword, only this time she knew the execution would be more successful. "Even before we came to this world, you thought you were better. You're right though, it's because you've always been so blind, going along with whatever someone tells you to do. It sickens me, and I'm done playing too."
"Get back, bitch!" Angel joined in suddenly, aiming down her arm before launching her fist. The chunk of metal shot like a bullet, catching Monica in the ribs and forcing her away from Qui'hara. The faux hybrid didn't give her a chance to recover as she charged over to where she'd landed, grabbing her hand along the way before jumping on top of her without pause and punching her in the face with enough force that her head ricocheted off the pavement. It was a satisfying move, and she tried it again, but Monica caught her fist and glared up at her. The magnetic influence she exerted over her cybernetic body was instantly noticeable, and Angel cringed as her entire being began to crumple.

"Angel, stop!" Qui'hara barked, grabbing ahold of her and yanking her up. "This is my fight, stay back."

"What's the matter, little sis? Need your girlfriend to fight your battles for you?" Monica goaded, spreading her hands across the ground while the asphalt started creeping up her arms. Once her skin had become like rock she got back to her feet. Qui'hara greeted her with a backhand as she twirled to face her again, using the opening to hold her sword vertically to her throat. The villainess caught it before it could cut her, and her sister pushed her back forcefully until she was pinned against a building.