Chapter 13

***Thought it was nice to speed it up and get to the action parts and love parts***

Alex's POV

Three Years Later...

I ran. My breath becoming quick and unsteady. I could feel my cheeks burning and my heart racing. My feet were in sink. One in front of the other. Left, right, left, right. . .

"ALEX! WATCH OUT!" I looked up towards the trees and saw rustling in the leaves. I quickly moved out of the way as a large figure just from the branches. I didn't stop moving, I kept pushing myself. Left, right, left, right. . .

I felt the figure gaining on me. Trying to zone them out I started going off the path, weaving in between the trees ahead of me. Trying to quicken my pace as I went. Left, right, left, ri-. . .

The figure had caught up with me and had tackled me to the ground. I heard them let out a little growl, then a little laugh. A laugh I recognized and returned with my own. Trying to regain my breath I looked up to see my father on his hands and knees hovering over me. His face ready and trying to gain his own breath.

"Well Buddy, you did a good job today. You did better than last time." He smiled and got off of me as he said that. "Soon we can do offense skills and not defense. So more fighting than running." I quickly nodded, a grin clearly noticeable on my face.

"That's great! I can't wait! But why can't I start that now, dad?" I asked as I sat up looking at him. He smiled lightly at him and gently ruffled my hair. "That's going to need a cut soon. Its getting hot." Zyan quickly nodded in my head.

"Alex, I love that you are taking your future role as Alpha seriously. And I love that you want to learn so much so fast, but you are only eight. I'm sorry bub, you going to have to wait or you mom will have me hanging by-" Dad was cut off when he scented something. I quickly sniffed the air.

The scent was very familiar and it was warming. "Mom." I looked to my right and saw my mom come out from behind a tree. She had a stern look on her face, but it looked playful, and it was directed towards my dad. He looked amused, but also nervous.

She finally spoke up after a few moments, "Karter, don't you even finished that sentence. It is true, but it is something Alex doesn't need to hear." She watched my dad and she looked at me softly and motioned my to come to her. I smiled getting up off the ground.

Running over to her I practically jumped into her arms, which quickly caught me and she ran her hand through my hair smoothing it down. From when my dad ruffed it up. Leaning a bit on her hip, my mom looked at my dad who was still on the ground with a new red face, "Why is that, Zyan? Help?" I asked Zyan.

I heard him chuckle in my head and quickly reply. "You will know when you find your mate one day. You have ten years, you need to wait a bit." I sighed and nodded to Zyan. Dad had gotten up and grabbed mom's free hand with one of his own. Lightly swinging it with mom we started the walk back to the house. My head rested on moms shoulder as she carried me. Dad and mom spoke to one another softly and I drifted to a little sleep.