Chapter 38

Athan's POV

They had brought me back inside and to Drake's office. He was the leader of our small coven, last I knew we have twenty people here or less. We always made sure to spread ourselves apart as vampires. We didn't need humans finding us all or anyone of any species really. 

Drake sat down at his desk, while Raul stood by the doorway and Amdis sat on the couch. I stood by his desk as he spoke out to me. "So Athan, where have you been all this time?" He asked me, and before I could answer him Amdis spoke out, she wasn't as upset anymore, but now she looked mad. Probably annoyed with me being gone and not telling her, but then again, I don't know how long I've ben gone.

Then, as if on cue, Amdis gave me an answer to how long I was gone. "How in the fuck, do you not remember your family and coven members after just five years?" She stood up now and made her way to me, to get in my face and lecture me basically. She's always been shorter than me though, and because we were vampires she would remain shorter than me. "We are 238 years old! Me and you once went a century not talking or seeing each other because I was mad! But you still remembered me after that!" She shouted a bit at me, I could see her eyes were watering up again, but knowing her she wouldn't let them escape again. 

I studied her for a moment, trying to remember what had happened to me, where I had been, and why I hadn't recognized them at first. I looked to Raul and then at Drake. I gave them all a little shrugged. "I really don't know. I have no memories from when..." I looked down at Amdis. "Our birthday came on blood moon.. to now..." I looked back to Drake, the memories from that blood moon still sensitive, to myself, and I had noticed that when I said it Amdis had loosened up a bit. "I don't even know where I was, let alone how to get back there, I remember waking up int the forest about a few miles in. I remember that the path looked familiar in some ways, but I didn't know what ways until Drake said my name." 

Drake stayed quiet, and it looked like he was thinking. Finally Raul spoke up, his voice was rough, like his throat was dry, and he hadn't spoken in a long while. "Athan, you are back... that's all that matters.. Besides we need you more now than ever." I looked back at him and raised a brow, confused on what he meant by that. 

"What do you mean Raul?" I asked him, it was a bit sternly.. but that was because I was remembering my power placement. I was Drake's second hand man, werewolf groups would call it a beta. We didn't really have a name for it, everyone in our small coven group knew that... if anything happened to Drake.. I would take charge.

I was brought out of thought by Amdis speaking. "Do you remember what happened on that blood moon birthday?" She asked me in a way that seemed like she was trying to be sincere. Like she was worried about me, or my memories. The expression on my face showed I was confused on the matter. 

"What do you guys mean..?" I looked between the three of them, and saw Drake had his arms crossed now, and was studying me. Had I done something wrong, could they not trust me? What happened that night? 

"Athan... You don't remember Kelenia-" Her words after the name was mentioned, seemed to trail off. I didn't hear the rest of them because the memories from that night drowned them out.