Chapter 34

Alex's P.O.V

I reached the house, but I still couldn't get any of Kodie's scent. Zyan was now also getting a bit worried, but he was still sticking to the fact that Kodie could hide her scent. I went inside and moved around the house trying to figure out if she was here at all. I got to the kitchen a saw Granny, she'd be able to tell me if Kodie came home, because she always greets Granny when she gets home.

I walk up to Granny and speak out. "Hey Gran.." Before I could finish what I was saying she turns around with a big smile.

"Ah! Someone is home finally to try out my new cookie recipe! Here Alex, try it!" She holds a spoon up to my face with what I can assume is cookie batter on it. I give her a little smile and shake my head backing away from the spoon. I wasn't here for cookies, I needed to know about Kodie.

"Gran, I would love to.. But I actually came to ask about Kodie... She isn't home yet?" I ask her and watch her frown about me not trying her new cookie recipe. She then shakes her head and friend some more.

"No, usually she is home before you, and by this time at least..." I watch each her face brighten up. "Maybe she has made some friends! Ones she is hanging out with!! Ooohhh goodie! I'll be able to have many taste testers!" My Granny was happy with the scenario she made up in her head.

I nodded and gave her a little smile, maybe she was right. "Yea, that's great, Gran.. I'm going to head up to my room. Got some work to do before dad finds out I'm home." She gave me a wink, which was her silently telling me she never saw me.

With a nod I left and moved up the stairs quietly to my room. Though my thoughts were running laps loudly around my mind. Kodie would have called one of us if she was going to be late... Why wasn't Granny worried like I was?

Was the old woman finally going mad with age? Even if she wasn't really all that old. I sighed and opened my bedroom door, closing it softly behind me. I moved over to my desk and began working on my homework my teachers had assigned to be due in two days. I wanted to get a head start on it, because knowing Dad. He would have me training so much I wouldn't have time.

After about an hour of being able to do work, I hear my father's voice erupt through the house, echoing in the walls. "ALEX! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!!" I sigh out, knowing I couldn't ignore the Alpha tone he used. I moved down the stairs and stood in front of him as he stared me down with his arms crossed and against his chest.

"Yes, Alpha?" I ask as I lower my head to him. I hear him growl out a bit before bringing up what he needed, the reason he called me down from my room.

"Training time, where is Kodie?" He asked as he eyed me up, seeing if I was going to lie to him or something I assume.

I shrug my shoulders, because I hadn't heard her come home. "I don't know, she wasn't home before me like -" I was interrupted by a slap to my left cheek. The slap echoed through our house like his voice had. He had got me pretty hard, but I don't grab my face, instead I look back at him, confident with my answer to him. Because I really didn't know where she was.

"DON'T YOU FUCKING LIE TO ME!! Where the hell is she?" He got into my face and yelled. I stood my ground though, because I knew what I knew, and I knew I was telling him the truth.

"I. Don't. Know." I sneered out back at him. Ready to face the consequences, whatever they may be.