Chapter 15

Alex's POV

I sat Kodie against the back of the chair and got off. I began to slide it back to the kitchen table. I smiled at her and poked her cheek gently. She pointed to the floor moving to the edge of her chair.

"Axie Down." She stated and I chuckled a little. I held my hands out to her, and helped her off the chair. She bounced on her feet and went running in the same direction Granny went. I followed swiftly behind her and entered the living room.

Mom and Dad were in a heated glaring battle. While Granny stood there nervously rubbing her forearm. Finally Mom broke the silence, while she spoke tears went down her face.

"How could you?" It seemed like those three words took the breath out of her. Like it was the only thing she could say before she died.

But she wasn't dying. "Or was she?" I was now even more confused and I was scared. Mom had dropped her glare and she looked weak. I noticed she had bags under her eyes and her skin looked paler than usual.

"Zyan what happened?" I asked him. He always had the answer to things, even if he did not tell me or answer my questions. He was silent for a moment, that gave me time to study my mom more. Her eyes were red, I knew that was a sign of crying. But why had she been crying? Why was she mad at dad? I'm so confused.

Zyan responded while it looked like dad was thinking of an explanation. I looked over and saw Granny looking at the floor sadly as she held Kodie in her arms--a little ways from dad. "Alex, that is something I don't know. I only know things that Moon Goddess has told me or stuff that is common sense." I nodded at him in my head. Finally dad responded to mom, it felt like forever since mom had asked him that question. The one that puzzled me.

"Gaiden, I. . . I. . . it was the night we were fighting and I was lonely and had so many urges. She was just there, she walked in and I took the opportunity. Like when a deer walks into an open field, not knowing the hunter is there and the hunter takes the shot." He had stuttered at first, then thought his analogy had fixed the problem. But in reality he didn't. He had made it worse.

"She was just there?!? Are you F*kcing kidding me right now?!? I'm your mate. Your Goddamn MATE. This also makes me realize you think she-wolves are here for your pleasure. Is that true, Karter? Or should I say Mate." She hissed out the last word at him as she stepped forward holding her ground against him. Getting in his face.

Dad had looked like his nervousness was gone and he growled at mom. His eyes seemed to turn black. At this point Granny made her way over to me and handed me Kodie. She pushed me gently to the doorway, out of the living room. "Go. Its going to get dangerous take Kodie and yourself to your room. Stay until I get you." I nodded at her and listened, I left the room but turned back a little to see some more of what was going on. That's when my dad boomed.

"How dare you challenge your Alpha! You have no right!" Dads voice was different I almost didn't recognize it. "I have so many questions for Zyan its not even funny." I turned back towards the stairs, remembering what Granny had told him. "Safety first."

I hurried up the stairs as I heard mom respond to dad. "Challenging my alpha? My alpha is my father, you are my mate. You may be this pack's Alpha but I am their Luna! I deserve respect and a trustworthy mate! But my mate likes to give his she-wolf pack members 'special attention'." I could tell mom was fuming by the way her voice sounded.

I made it to my room and stepped inside just as a loud bang entered the air, which was soon followed by a curse only werewolves could hear. Finally the sound of a door being slammed echoed throughout the house.

***Just so you all know (because I chuckled at it) When I finished typing " 'Special Attention' " the word count was 666. ();3 Love Y'all***