Chapter 19

Kodie's POV

I looked at Alex after my dad closed the back door. "Alex-" I started before I was the one to be interrupted. 

"It's whatever Kodie, just stop talking. I'll see you tomorrow same time as today." He answered like he had heard my full sentence or knew what I was going to say. I watched him as he turned around and walked back towards the woods. I felt a urge, tugging at my heart, that I needed to follow him, but I couldn't. I was physically tired and I knew father wouldn't be happy if I followed Alex. And to be honest, Alex wouldn't have been either. 

I knew he just needed to take a break and try to forget about what dad had said. Me being around him wouldn't help one bit. I sighed out and began to feel hatred towards my father. I felt like I was going to lose my big brother because my father was an arrogant jerk. 

I reached out my hand for the door knob to step inside when my vision gets red and it blinds the reality. I felt an invisible weight push me down and I scream out, waiting for my back to hit the steps. "What a clud I was!"  I continued to wait for impact I heard Alex yell something, but I didn't hear it and I never felt myself hit.

Instead I felt some pressure to my sides and head. I opened my eyes again and it was now dark, but there was light. I looked at the lights, wondering where I was. When I saw what the lights were I regret looking. They were bodies, bodies of people who still looked alive. They were burning, like on fire burning. The people still looked alive, they seemed to be on wooden steaks too. Their bodies didn't look burned, and it didn't seem like they were in pain, but I wouldn't have been sure. 

I now knew exactly where I was, Hell. But how did I get here. All I did was fall, but did I die? Did I hit my head off of something? And if I was dead, and now in hell and not heaven, did it mean I really did make my dad miserable. "But he called me his favorite earlier."

Perhaps I would see the Devil, I hoped he didn't talk to me, I was afraid of what would become of that. Afraid of what would be revealed if it had explaining on why I was here. Maybe I'm dreaming, but those burning bodies on steaks seemed pretty real to me. 

 My thought train was finally interrupted by a voice. It seemed heavy, like no physically heavy, but it was deep, strong, and definitely loud. I felt my butt hit something and I looked down to see I was in a chair. My eyes now distracted away from the burning people I noticed I was now in front of a desk, it had some papers on it. The rest of the room I was in seemed to have bookcases off loose papers and documents. The voice now sent my new small thought train away and I finally registered what it said.

"You are Kodie Fennel, aren't you?" The owner of the voice stated. I looked to the owner and saw they looked pretty big, but also looked like someone pretty regular, the only things were that they had pointed ears, horns, and a red tint to the skin. "But that could be because of the fires." Holy moly it was the devil himself.