Chapter 2; confusion.

21st November, 2016
9.20 a.m.

"Hey." I look up, seeing David towering me.
I smile. "Hey."
"I was wondering," he says, "if you were free this weekend."
"Why? Is Zane holding another party." I roll my eyes.
He laughs. "No actually. I wanted to ask you out." He blushes
"I mean the whole groups gonna be there, including Gabbie. So.."
I look at him suspiciously.
"It's the Night Concert, downtown. 8 pm. I'll pick you up?" He continues.
I say, "uh. I'm not sure. Zane's party was kinda like a one time thing. So I just"
He sits down in front of me. "Please? It'll be fun."

I laugh. "Oof. Following a stranger to a concert? I think I'll pass."
"Okay. Fine, I'll come." I say again.

He stands up, getting excited. And gives me that grin again, leaving me in shivers.
Oh god. That smile.
No Liza. Stop. You know what happened the last time you fell for a guy.

David's voice breaks through my thoughts. "See you later Koshy." He waves and exits the library.

———

23rd November 2016
7.41 p.m.

I look at myself in the mirror. I was getting ready before David came to pick me up. I sighed.
I can't believe I actually agreed to this.
I hear the doorbell ring downstairs.
"Coming!" I yell grabbing my purse and running down the stairs.
I open the door, David looked at me with his hands in his pockets.
"Woah. You look. A-a-amazing." He says.
I blush. "You need to stop flirting with me like that."
He smiles too, "I can't help it, you're adorable."
I look at him astonished. "What?"
He blushes, "we should get going."

————-——————-
8.03 p.m.

"David, Liza!" Scotty shouts as he sees us.
He highfives David, and gives me a slight hug.
"Shall we go in now?" He asks.
Everyone agrees.

We're 20 mins into the gig, and I was already feeling bored. I can't help but noticing David staring at me from the corner of my eye. I turn around to my side quickly, just in time to catch him looking away and playing it cool.
I laugh, "you were staring."
He looks at me in surprise, then smiles. "I was gazing."
"It's creepy."
"It's cute."
He holds out his hand, "you wanna ditch this place? I know a great ice cream place nearby." I nod and he pulls me out of the crowd.

——
We sat down in a booth in the ice cream parlour, when he smiles at me. "Why are you so adorable."
I blush. "Stop! I mean it." I roll my eyes at him.
"You know," he says, I look at him curiously. "The reason I took you out today is because, well, uh, I-I"
I eye him, feeling curious. "What?"
"Well, I like you. A lot. I thought you must have caught on by now, I mean-"
I scoff putting my ice cream down, "you're kidding right?"
He twirls his spoon his his hands nervously, "no?"
He gives me that same, cute smile. "I thought maybe, I don't know, maybe we could try to work things out." He says again.
That smile, that darn smile. I frown as memories of Max came flowing into my head. The pain, the torture, and all the crying.
No. Liza, stop. You're just going to hurt yourself again. He's just like every other boy.
But somehow, i didn't think so. A part of me saw something else. A part of me wanted to give him a chance.
Liza. No.

I stood up. "I-i have to go. I'm sorry," I walk pass him, and he grabs my arm.
"Liza, wait. I'm- I'm sorry. What's wrong? Did I say something wrong? Look, it fine if you don't want-"
I brush his hand off. "David please. Just leave me alone."