Chapter 4; Confession.

11.01 a.m.

I take deep breaths as I stand on David's doorstep.
You can do this, Liza. Don't screw things up.

I reach in and knock on the door. No response. I knock again, and I see David standing there, with his hair all messy and his expression all groggy.
He rubs his eyes and looks up to me, his expression completely changing to confusion.

"Liza? What are you doing here? Wh- what time is it?" He says.
I smile at him. Ugh, this guy is so adorable. "Hi David. It's about 11. Can I come in?"
I ask.

He nods slowly and steps behind to make way for me. I walk into his living room and immediately spots pizza boxes, cans of beer and tissue boxes. It almost seemed like he had a pity party.
David walks in behind me and realises the mess.
"Sorry, it's a bit messy. Sit down? I'll grab a drink and clean up real quick." He says, and with that he cleans the mess and hands me a glass.

I eye him suspiciously, and he notices it. "Don't worry," he laughs, "it's not alcohol. Just orange juice." I smile, and take the glass from him.
He plops himself next to me and stares at me. "Liza. Look. I'm really sorry about, about that night I just-"

I quickly put the glass down in front of me, and put my hands around him. David shifts his body in surprise, but quickly melts into the hug. "Uh, okay?" He says.
"David," I pull away. "I'm sorry. I guess when you told me, that you, uh, stuff. I just kinda freaked out and I couldn't face you. That's why I ran away."

He looks at me again, calmly this time. "Why?"

"6 months ago, today, I wasn't like this. I use to be cheerful and happy and believe it or not I actually enjoyed my life." I say. He continues to stare at me in confusion.
"Max." I sigh. "That's his name. My ex. I met him about 6 months ago, and things just changed."

David puts his hand on mine. "Changed?"

I shift my body, facing him. "When I met him, I thought he was the one. He made me so happy, David. He really did. Then, after our third month, he started to act different. He was meaner, and pushy towards me. He tried to hit me sometimes," I say. I pull up my hoodie sleeves, revealing the scars that were on my arm. "Tried, and succeeded."

David looks at my arm, and gasps. He holds it lovingly, stroking the scars. "Liza. Why did you let him do this to you."

"I had no choice. He used to threaten me. I was helpless. And I thought the only way to get away from this, was to- was to end my life."

He expressions forms a frown. "You didn't."

"I did." Stroking my own cut scars on my wrist.

He squeezes my hand. "What happened then? Where is he now?"

"He moved away. His family had to shift to Alaska, right before I started school here. But even since, I'm just building up a wall, not letting anyone in. I just didn't want to have a risk of someone breaking-"

"-your trust again." He finishes. I nod, and I smile at him slightly.

"Liza. I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. But I promise. I promise I won't let anything like that ever happen to you." He says gripping my hand tightly.

"That's what Max said too. And look what happened." I sigh.

"I know. I know you're hurting a lot in there. But just give me a chance, I'll prove it to you."

I smile. "David. I don't deserve you, I really don't. But, you make me feel so happy when I'm around you. It's like everything else doesn't exist." I put my arms around him once more.

He pulls in into the hug. "Liza Koshy?" He whispers.
I stare into his brown eyes, that once held pain, now filled with affection.
"David Dobrik."

It was his turn as he stares into my eyes, smiling as he does.
"I think I may love you."