Chapter 3; explanation.

24th November, 2016
8.21 a.m.

I wake up to the sound of my phone's notifications. I groan, realising I fell asleep the moment I reached home. Memories from last night came flowing to my head.

[ flashback ]
"Liza, wait. I'm- I'm sorry. What's wrong? Did I say something wrong. Look, it's fine if you don't want-"
I brush his hand off. "David please. Just leave me alone.

I pick up my phone to see 8 missed calls and 12 messages from Gabbie, 3 missed calls from Mom and 10 missed calls, 11 messages from David.
Ugh.
I open Gabbie's messages,
Gabbie
Where are you?
Lizaaa?
Why did you leave??
David told us what happened.
Lizaaa!!
Are you okay, omg.
Please tell me you're okay.
What happened??
Please. Call me.
As soon as you get this,
CALL MEE
Liza. Please.

I look at the messages and sigh. I dialled Gabbie's number, preparing myself to tell her everything. The call gets through and Gabbie answers.

"Liza?"
"Hey, Gabbie, i-"
"LIZA! You're alive! OMG, you have no idea how worried we all were, where did you go?
David tol-"
"No, Gabbi-"
"Why didn't you tell us anything? I called you mom, and-"
"Gabbie! Let me explain, I was going t-"
"Even Kristen and Scotty tried calling you and you didn't pi-"
"GABBIE. STOP CUTTING ME OFF. Just let me explain okay?"

Gabbie stopped talking, just enough of me to explain everything.

"Are you sure you're okay?" She asks.
Nope. Definitely not okay. I just blew off the cutest guy ever and now I feel so bad.
"Yea, I'm fine I guess." I lied.

Just then the doorbell rings, I walk down to the door, surprised. I opened it and saw Gabbie.
"Hey." She says. "I thought you might want some company?"
I smile and nod in appreciation.

10.23 a.m.

We sat there on the couch talking about last night.
"Why did David remind you of Max, anyway?" She asks.

I look at her.
Max was a painful memory in my head. He use to hurt me, he abused me and it made me have suicidal thoughts, even.
"I don't know, maybe cause he was acting all nice and Max used to be
really nice and I just-"

"He's not acting." She says in a sudden.

I looked at her again, "what?"

She looks at me too. "David told us. That he liked you, a lot. And he was planning all this, it was all set up, and we thought the plan was great. Well until you bailed on him, and he was really sad but-"

I cut her off. "You knew about this?"

She nods.

"The ice cream thing, it was all planned?"

She nods again.

"And he did all of this, for me? Because he likes me?"

She nods more.
I smile to myself. Woah, David really liked me. And it seems like I'm starting to fall for him too. Hard. Maybe he does deserve a chance?

"GaBBIEEE!" I reach in to give her a big hug. I pull away. "Thank you, thank you, thank youuu." I say, smiling even more.
She looks startled for a while, then smiles. "You're welcome?"

I stand up, grab my phone and hoodie and quickly tie my hair in a messy ponytail. I grab my car keys. "I'll be back. I just need to do something real quick." I head to the door.

Gabbie yells at me, "wait, Liza, what are you going to do?" She asks.
I turn around, and smile at her.
"I'm going to make things right."