chapter 8;

2nd December 2016.

3.32 p.m.

David walked into his apartment, slamming the door behind him. Realising the lights was turned on, he looked around in confusion. He sighed softly as he layed his eyes on the little girl sleeping on the couch, her laptop propped on her laps. He set his bag down against the door and walked towards her. He took her hair in his fingers, stroking it lovingly. He smiles.

Liza blinks softly, quickly opening her eyes to meet his.

"hey." she says in a whisper.

"hey."

"where were you after school?" she says, getting up, putting her laptop next to her.

His expressions immediately form a frown.
"Uh. I had some extra work to do?"

Liza nodded slowly as she stood up and walked to the kitchen. She tilted her head behind the counter,
"Hey. Do you wanna stay over tonight? We could have a movie night, popcorn and stuff? Or maybe netfl-"

David cut her off. "Sure." He smiles.

6.42 p.m.

"David!" Liza calls out.
"David, hurry, the movie's about to start!" She says again.

David appears from the kitchen, carrying a bowl of popcorn and two bottles of soda. He quickly placed the bottles on the table and sat next to Liza.

Liza grabbed the bowl from him as he placed his arm around her.

The movie went on for about 2 hours. Just after the movie ended, David got up and looked at Liza.
"What else do you wanna watch?"

Liza frowns, "Uh,  what abou-" She was interrupted by her phone.

"Hold up." She said, picking up her phone. The caller id said Alex's name.

She put it to her ear as she walked around the hall.

"Alex? Hi!"
"Oh right. Shit. I totally forgot about it."
"Okay. Right."
"Now? Yea I guess."

She stole a glance at David before retuning to the call.

"Okay.  I'll see you in 15 then." She hung up and walked towards David.

"Hey babe." She placed a hand on his cheek. "Something came up,  I have this project with Alex, that I told you about? It's due way sooner and I-"

David sighs. "You're going out?"

She nods slowly. "Yea, I'm so sorry babe. This is really important and I'll promise to make it up. Okay?"

David forces a smile. "Yeah okay."

Liza hugs him. "Thank you. I might be back late, don't stay up late."
She kisses him on the cheek. "Bye."

"Bye" David plops himself on the couch as Liza walks out the door, grabbing her bag and keys on the way.

David clinched his fists. "Alex, I swear to god. You're so dead."

(A/N) oof short chapter but hey it's better than nothing right? I'm actually having writers block on this and might discontinue this or put it off till later.. BUT I have a new idea for a new book and I'm really excited for that hopefully things work out and stay tuned for the new book I guess? Thank you for reading ya'll 💓