Five

One hour.

I have one hour to prepare for my escape. One hour to change my life permanently.

My heart beats rapidly as I haphazardly stuff essentials into my backpack. Money. I need money and lots of it. I pull my wallet out of my bag and open it up.

Three dollars.

I have three damn dollars in my wallet.

Damn it. I knew shouldn't have spent all that money at Mcdonald's yesterday.

I need more money, or else this isn't going to work out.

But where can I get it?

I can't ask Mama or Papa, or else they'll be suspicious. I also can't ask Rosaline either. She'll definitely say no. Besides, I don't feel like speaking to her today anymore.

Who can I ask?

I grin to myself evilly as an idea pops into my head. Raphael. He always has money. Maybe he'll loan me some. I gleefully run out of my room and I make my way to where Raphael will be sleeping tonight. When I arrive at his door, I don't bother knocking, welcoming myself into the room. Unfortunately, I immediately regret my decision when I'm met with a sight that no sister should ever see.

Raphael is laying on his bed, naked with the exception of his boxers. He's making out with a very, very naked blonde woman who's straddling his lap and grinding furiously. Her loud moans and his husky groans echo throughout the room, bringing me closer and closer to puking my guts out right on the pristine marble floor.

"Oh my God!" I gasp.

The woman lets out a surprised squeal as Raphael's blue eyes cut into mine. He curses loudly and practically pushes the girl off him, who squeals again and lands ass first on the hard floor.

"Shit! Val?! What the hell are you doing here?" he yells.

"What am I doing?! What are YOU doing?! Oh, God my eyes! My poor innocent eyes!" I moan miserably. "Oh God, I'm gonna throw up!"

"Stop being so dramatic." Raphael sighs, rolling his eyes. He bends down, picks his discarded pants up from the floor, and pulls them on.

"Are you going to watch me fucking dress, or can I have privacy for that at least?" he scowls, reaching over for his shirt.

I roll my eyes and glance at the woman my brother was priorly "engaged" with. She's quietly trying to button up a simple grey double-breasted dress, but several of the buttons are missing from the seam. Beside her bare feet, I notice a plain white apron, simple white stockings, and black flats laying haphazardly on the floor.

She's a maid. Of course, she is.

"You just had to rip the poor girls dress, didn't you?"

The girl looks down, blushing hard while Raphael glares at me openly, obviously not liking my comment. I defiantly glare at him back. He shakes his head, and plops back down on his bed, scrolling through his phone and bluntly ignoring me and the maid.

"Jesus, Ralphie we've barely been here for twelve hours and you're already hooking up with a girl?"

"A man has needs, Valentina. I don't expect your innocent mind to understand," he mumbles, still not looking up from his phone.

"Well, excuse me for keeping it in my pants. Maybe you should stop being such a manslut for once in your life."

"Maybe you should stop being such a nuisance and quit cockblocking me for once in your life." he retorts.