Ten

I'm awakened by bright rays of sunshine passing through the vast windows of my bedroom. Groaning loudly, I sit up on my bed and rub my eyes.

Today I have my interview with Daily News...and my stupid bet with Alex.

What did I get myself into? There's no way I can be his servant.

"I need to do everything in my power to win." I whisper to myself.

Suddenly, my bedroom door slams open and all the wind in my lungs is pushed out as a tiny head collides with my stomach.

"God, Laila. Why do you do this every morning?" I cough out painfully. I'm going to cough out a lung one of these days if she continues this.

"Valentina! Guess what! Guess!" she screams out, jumping on my bed and completely ignoring my previous question.

"What?" I groan tiredly.

"Jacob Lawrence is here! He's here, Valentina!" she yells out.

"What?" I gasp, standing up on my bed with her. "He's here? Downstairs?"

"Yes!" she laughs while jumping once again "And he's waiting for you!

"Oh my God!" I scream and I begin to jump with Lalia.

We giggle loudly, holding each other and jumping wildly, our bodies filled with excitement and happiness.

It looks like something good is finally happening to me for once in the past week.

..............................................

I quickly throw on a flowy light pink peasant top and white pants, throw on some light makeup, and rush down the stairs. As I make my way through the vast main hall, a large hand wraps around my upper arm and pulls me towards a hard chest. I freeze up instantly until I smell the enticing smell of cedar wood and amber cologne.

"Cavanaugh..." I hiss. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Just saying good morning to my beautiful wife." He coos romantically while nuzzling my head into his chest.

"What the hell, Alex? You're not a cat! Knock it off!" I attempt to say, but my words come out muffled against his chest.

"What was that? You gotta speak up, darling." Alex says while chuckling softly.

"I said knock it off, asshat!" I say louder. I attempt to punch his chest, but the damn godly creation is too hardened from years of working out that my assault does nothing in helping me escape.

Alex leans down slowly, bringing his mouth directly to my ear.
"That wasn't very nice, baby." he whispers gently. His hot breath gently strokes every inch of my ear. It takes every ounce of willpower within my soul to stifle the shudder threatening to shake my feeble body.

"Stop trying to intimidate me, Alexander." I hiss after gaining my composure.  "I know what you're trying to do and you won't win this bet."

"Is that right, sweetheart?"

"It's not sweetheart, or baby. It's Valentina."
Alex smirks, and God if that smirk doesn't rock me to my core. Loose pieces of his inky black hair sitting in imperfect union against his forehead. Lush, pink lips turned up on the right side of his face. And the sexy dimple temping me in ways that Satan would be envious of.
This man exuded sex appeal, and he knew it. It was at that moment I knew winning this bet would not be an easy task.

"Well....Valentina" Alex purred, my name rolling off his tongue like a serenade. "If I was trying to intimidate you, you would know it. If you want, I'll show you after I win this bet."

"Y-you're not gonna win" I stutter.

"Oh, Val. I'm Alexander Cavanaugh. I always win. And it's about time you learned that."

~~~~~~~
Sorry I've been so absent. With everything going on, my life has been a horrible mess. I'm still trying to get everything together with myself but shit is hard ya know. I'll try to continue this, but please understand if I cannot.