28. Sheila Ji Ke Bhajan

Hello People. 

Happy Reading...

Manik lifts Nandu up and moves out after signaling Aryaman to follow. He puts her down after reaching their car. Holding her tight through her arms, he tried talking to her while all she did was to struggle to come out of his grip.

Manik(jerking her): Listen Nandini, stop moving. Listen to me.

Nandu(emotionally): Nahi. Tum mujh par chillaye the. He would have detained me all through the holidays. And you were taking his side. I hate you.

Manik(softly): Shut up, girl. Tujhe lagta hai, I will just leave you all alone in college? If he is detaining you, I would have made sure, everyone else too attends the college. And what punishment? Don't you know we have the trustee on our side? Tujhe lagta hai agar Dad ko pata chalega, toh he will let anything happen to you? Uski job nikal dete instead of letting him detain you. But nahi. You decided not to use your brain even for once. Now, why are you silent? Say something.

Nandu(proudly): tune itni badi speech prepare kar li without anyone's help. I am proud of myself. I raised you well.

Manik(smiled): And my best friend is back.

Nandu hugs him tight and mutters a 'sorry' while he ruffled her hair, smiling at her. After they break their hug, Aryaman too pats her head.

Arya(guiltily): Manik, I am sorry too. Even I misunderstood you.

Manik(smiled): Arya, that's not needed. I understand. You were worried about her. Let's go home now.

Nandu(excited): Let's go. Manik, give me keys.

Manik(sarcastically): Yeah sure. Why not?

He hands her a chocolate and runs to driver's seat while Nandu took some time to process before sitting in the passenger seat, yelling at him. Aryaman smiles in disbelief and settled at the back. Manik starts the car. While they were on their way, Nandu shouted.

Arya, Manik(worriedly): Are you ok?

Nandu(coolly): Yes, I actually have something to ask.

Arya(glaring): Girl, you scared us.

Manik resumes driving after glaring her while Nandu gives them a sheepish smile.

Nandu(confused): Vo Aryaman, how did you get to know that the prof. was targeting me?

Arya: I saw him staring at you. Besides, I know a bit of mind reading.

He said as a matter of fact. Both Manik and Nandu were amused by this new piece of information.

Nandu(excited): Really? How? Did you do any special course on it? Or some training? Where did you learn? Will you teach me too? Please say yes. Because I won't take a no. Please. Please, please.

Manik(amused): Meri Rajdhani express, at least give him a chance to speak.

Arya(sighing heavily): Thanks, Manik, for stopping this non-stop radio. I can read minds because of the meditation that we do. The accuracy drops here on Earth maybe because I am new here, but yes. I can read minds.

Nandu(declared): That's so cool. Manik, main Mars ja rahi hun.

Manik(seriously): But Nandu, I don't think they can handle you.

Arya(maintaining the seriousness): I agree with him.

Nandu gave Manik a smack and glared Aryaman. They talk till the time they reach their house. Getting out of the car, Manik notices Nandu moving towards her house and stops her.

Manik(confused): Ms. Murthy, bhul gayi kya? Aapke ghar par koi nahi hai. Where are you going? Chal hamare saath.

Nandu(coolly): Manik, I have some work. I will be back within some time.

He cupped her cheek before asking.

Manik(guiltily): Nandu, are you still angry about the morning's thing? Listen, I am really sorry.

Nandu(smiled to assure him): arey nahi baba, I am not angry. I have some work. See, it's 09:30 pm. I will be back within an hour or so.

Manik: ok.

Nandu leaves for her room and Manik and Aryaman to theirs. They freshen up and start watching some movie.

After an hour

The butler comes to Manik's room running, gaining Manik's attention. He paused the movie.

Manik(confused): Why are you running? What happened?

Butler(panicked): Baba, samne ghar se zor zor awaze aa rahi hai. Aur bahut sare log ikhatte hue hai. Darwaza khat khata rahe hai.

Manik(frightened): What the hell. Nandini. Damn.

He runs from there hurriedly and Aryaman follows. They reach there and see people banging the front door of Murthy's house.

Manik(scaredly): Aunty ji. Kya hua?

Aunty(angrily): beta. Kab se yeh log darwaza bandh rakhe hai. Aur itne volume par gaane kaun bajata hai. Aadhi raat mein vo bhi. Hum log soye ya nahi?

Manik(politely): Aap log apne apne ghar chale jaye. Main bandh karwata hun.

Manik takes out his mobile and calls Nandini but she doesn't pick up. He goes towards the garden and starts to climb the pipe that connects her room. Sensing the emergency, Aryaman does the same without asking any further questions.

Nandu's room

Reaching Nandu's room, they find her sitting straight, at the center of the bed with her eyes closed, hands clasped in her laps and 'Sheila Ki Jawani' screaming through the speakers. Manik turns off the speakers forcing Nandu to open her eyes.

Nandu(shocked): What are you doing here?

Manik(furious): Exactly, What the hell are you doing here, Nandini Murthy?

Nandu(frustrated): Manik, can't you see? I am meditating.

Manik(bewildered): What?

Arya(confused): Meditation with such loud noise?

Nandu(coolly): Aryaman, that's not noise. It's music.

Manik(gritting his teeth): Murthy, I guess meditation ke time you are supposed to listen to some peaceful music?

Nandu(meekly): I was actually feeling very sleepy while listening all those.

Manik(sarcastically): So aapne 'Sheila ji ke bhajan' sunne decide kar liya. In fact, apne saath sare mohalle walo ko sunane ka plan banaya. Nahi?

Nandu: Nahi main apne room main sun rahi thi.

Arya(glared): Nandini, all the neighbors were banging the front door.

Nandu(amused): Really? Itne logo ko meditation karna tha? Inhe raat mein aur koi kaam nahi hai kya?

Manik(gritting his teeth): Nandini Murthy. Shut up and come with me.

Nandu grabs her mobile while Manik marches out of her room after holding her hand, almost dragging her with him.

Outside the Murthy house

All the neighbors left the place after Manik's arrival except one who was glaring at Nandini. Nandu passed a confused look.

Nandu(politely): Yes, what can I do for you?

A/N - I have mentioned in my other book about posting some snippets of my books on Instagram related to the story or upcoming chapters. Follow if interested. Insta id - a_cosmic_dust