32. The Ice-Glass Challenge

Hello People. 

Before going into the update, let me clear a thing about the story and I am very serious about this. Harshad and Soha are 'JUST FRIENDS' as of now. :P

Happy Reading...

Next day

Cabir wakes up and finds Manik in the kitchen. He goes and sits on the counter.

Cabir(grinning): Good morning Baby. Subah subah kya bana raha hai mere liye?

Manik(rolling his eyes): Shut up Cabir. Jab tak butlers nahi aate, I thought of making coffee for everyone. You go and wake them up.

Cabir(dramatically): Okay. Main yun gaya aur yun aaya. Tab tak miss me baby.

He ran off saving himself from Manik. While all Manik could do was to smile at him disbelievingly.

After few minutes

Everyone got ready and came to the living room except Cabir and Nandini. Manik gave everyone their mugs of coffee and asked for Cabir. Before anyone could answer Manik found him descending from stairs with his one hand on his cheek.

Manik(confused): What happened Cabir? Where's Nandu?

Cabir(sniffing): She abused me.

Abhimanyu(concerned): Is she fine?

Mukti(irritated): Cabir, muh khol apna.

Cabir(pissed): Yaar tabse Nandu Nandu kar rahe ho. Kisi ne mere bare mein pucha thak nahi. Mere gaal par mera hath dekh kar toh puch lete at least.

Soha(concerned): Aww...poor Cabir. Kya hua?

Navya(glared): I am damn sure tumne hi kuch kiya hoga, Cabir.

Cabir(shocked): Tum meri girlfriend ho. Yaad hai ya bhul gayi?

Manik(muttered): Not happening, dude.

He without waiting for anyone, rushed towards Nandu's room while everyone followed him including a sulking Cabir. Reaching there, Manik finds Nandu sleeping, hugging one of her teddy bears. He smiled and sat beside her. Sensing Manik, she puts her head in his lap. Caressing her hair, Manik spoke.

Manik(lovingly): Nandu, tu jag gayi na?

Nandu(still with her eyes closed): Nahi, I am still sleeping.

Manik(requested): No. Chal uth. We didn't come here to sleep. Girl, we have holidays. Come wake up now.

Nandu sleepily opens her eyes and gives him a toothy grin when he wishes her a 'good morning'. Cabir hesitatingly came towards Manik and whispered in his ear. All the while, Nandu was glaring him.

Cabir(nudging him): Manik, mere bare mein bhi puch use.

Frowning, Manik gave her a side hug and asked her, caressing her hair.

Manik(softly): Nandu, kuch hua hai kya? Why is Cabir so upset.

Cabir(yelled): Main upset nahi. She freaking abused me, Manik.

Nandu(pouncing on him, scowled): Abuse ka case lagaungi toh jail mein at least saath saal sadega.

Manik held her from behind and made her sit beside him. Sighing at both of them everyone settled down wherever they could and enjoyed the drama without interfering.

Cabir(emotionally): Manik, mere gaal par ye nishan dekh. I have proofs Manik.

Nandu(furiously): Mr. Dhawan. I don't need proofs to talk to my best friend. He knows me and believes my every damn word.