Chapter 33

Serena's POV 

I packed my final things from our training and Marc came up to me.

"You can stay at my place for the night. I would understand if you don't want to go to Neymar's house." He offered. I smiled gratefully .

"Thank you, Marc." I told him. "You're a great friend."

"I try my best." he laughed and hugged me tightly. I hugged back and sighed tiredly. 

"But I think the best thing is to go and talk to Neymar." I told him and his face fell sadly. 

"Serena, I don't want you to get hurt, I-"

"Marc, I know, alright? It's for the best." I told him. 

"Fine, fine. I'll give you a ride there." He insisted and I nodded, following him out of the stadium. The weather has cooled down since the time we arrived, the sky was clouded over. We have a game soon, a home game, tomorrow. Let's see if Neymar and I are together then.

"I appreciate everything you do for me." I told him once we wee driving to Ney's place.

"I'm glad you do." He gave me a small smile and pulled up in front of the house. I opened the door, and gave Marc one last smilr and nod then walked up the steps, opening the already unlocked door. 

"Hello?" I called, walking hrough the familiar hallway out into the living room. Neymar was on the couch outside, his feet up on the coffee table, his phone in hand. The door was closed, so he couldn't hear me come in. I slowly opened the sliding door, he gave me a small nod.

I sat down on the couch, furthest away from him as I could. He stared down at his lap and I watched the water flowing from the waterfall I fell in love with when I came here first. I sighed, I hated these things. Sharing my feelings wasn't my strong point.

"You're an asshole." I said calmly. I think that got my point across just fine. I couldn't handle all the shit. I've always been told, the bad stuff outshines the good stuff. No matter what you did well, the things you dd worst will stand out of the most.

"I know." He replied shortly. I glanced at him, my eyebrows raised. He shifted over on the couch to me, coming closer and putting his hand behind my neck.

"I'm sorry." He murmered, leaning in and kissed my lips. They moved in ryhthem, the sseet taste of his lips on mine. It was all too familiar. But it didn't feel the same. It felt casual, like he knew I wasn't going to leave him in the dust for being a dick. 

I pulled away from him and looked him dead in the eye, "You're an asshole and it's over." 

I stood up and walked off of the porch, out of his house. I could get my stuff later, I had everything thing I need, phone, laptop, training gear and chargers. The things I would leave are the things I could easily replace. Except for Neymar.

Maybe I shouldn't be in a relationship. With all the things happening in my life, I shouldn't have to be worrying about a boyfriend. I had bigger things to deal with, of course. I was making the right decision. Everyone else would think so too.

Maybe this won't be forever. Maybe it'll just be a little break between he two of us. We don't need to end it forever, we can get back together when he gets more... mature. I can't be with someone that runs to twitter after we had a fight. That's childish.

I phoned Marc and he came to pick me up. His apartment wasn't far away, so the ride was short. We picked up sandwiches and sat around in his living room watching TV. He didn't ask about Neymar, I think he already knew he outcome.

He probably tweeted about it..

"It's getting pretty late and we have a morning game." He said to me. "You take the bed and I'll take the couch."

"Marc, no. I'll take the couch, it's your house." I refused. 

"Rena, you're not sleeping on the couch."

"Then we can share the bed." I stated simply and took my dishes to the kitchen, setting them in the sink.

I followed him to the bedroom, and I unclasped my bra without taking my shirt off and dropped it on the floor on my side. I was wearing little football shorts, they would have to do and pajamas tonight. 

I went and splashed water on my face, I knew I was getting tired. All of this stuff- this bullshit, made me tired. It would make anyone tired. I sighed heavily and Marc stood with his back turned to me, just in his boxers. 

He must've heard me because he turned around with a smirk on his face. "I hope you don't mind."

"Um, maybe you could put on a shirt. You know, just out of a relationship kinda precaution?" I told him. He nodded, and put on basketball shorts and a baggy shirt.

I got in bed and laid my head back on the pillow. I was tired as fuck, and I knew as soon as the light went off, I'll fall right to sleep.

**Thank you for so many votes and comments! Keep it up! Please, let's try for 20 votes and 20 comments! 

Would you guys mind if there is a little smut in here? (R rated/sex scene) kind of stuff? Please let me know in the comments!

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed, sorry I took longer to update, I've been crazy busy with softball and family. I'll try harder!

-Izzy**